I can’t upload my lots to the gallery or save them to my library

by zkha5645

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can’t upload my lots to the gallery or save them to my library

★ Novice

This is something I’ve noticed recently and I looked online on how to fix it and nothing has been working. I don’t use any CC or mods in my game. But I can still download other people’s builds from the gallery. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 3 (1,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can’t upload my lots to the gallery or save them to my library

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@zkha5645 

You might try resetting your Sims 4 folder to see if that helps get things back in working order.

You can reset your user folder by renaming it or moving it to the desktop and playing the game so it makes a new Sims 4 folder. Here's a how-to:

Resetting Sims 4 -

1. Click Start > Documents > Electronic Arts and look for the Sims 4 folder.

2. Rename the Sims 4 folder to Sims 4_Backup. The game will create a new folder next time you launch the game.

-- Renaming it or moving it to the desktop will help you have a backup and keep your Sims 4 files safe.

3. Repair the Sims 4 game. In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - To make sure the install files and such are in working order.

4. Try launching the game, play a new save. If it's not working, don't save. However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

---

More information - Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...

If you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,557 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@zkha5645 

You might try resetting your Sims 4 folder to see if that helps get things back in working order.

You can reset your user folder by renaming it or moving it to the desktop and playing the game so it makes a new Sims 4 folder. Here's a how-to:

Resetting Sims 4 -

1. Click Start > Documents > Electronic Arts and look for the Sims 4 folder.

2. Rename the Sims 4 folder to Sims 4_Backup. The game will create a new folder next time you launch the game.

-- Renaming it or moving it to the desktop will help you have a backup and keep your Sims 4 files safe.

3. Repair the Sims 4 game. In Origin > Game Library - right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - To make sure the install files and such are in working order.

4. Try launching the game, play a new save. If it's not working, don't save. However, if everything is playing okay then start putting the files back. (list of files and folders below).

- Options.ini (User game settings)
- Tray Folder (Sims/Houses/Commercial lots and rooms)
- Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
- Rest of the save games, if any.
(leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave. It is not used anymore.)
- Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, and makeup
- Mods (Put these back one by one to make sure they all still work)

---

More information - Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstalling
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199#Reset...

If you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

Message 2 of 3 (1,558 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@zkha5645

You have an outdated UIC mod. Replace it with the new version.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (1,552 Views)