I can't seem to download the Create a World tool no matter what I do?

by Judal_Ruehl

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I can't seem to download the Create a World tool no matter what I do?

★★★ Newbie

I have the game registered on origin and everything, I tried Firefox, Chrome, and Explorer, and yes, I did check the box, but every time I click the download button for the "Create a World" tool, absolutely nothing happens. No notice, the download doesn't start, I've even restarted the computer thinking maybe it was me somehow but nothing works. Can this get fixed, or is there somewhere else I can download it?

Message 1 of 17 (25,798 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I can't seem to download the Create a World tool no matter what I do?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Have this problem as well.  Built a new computer and needed to reinstall, but nothing happens.  EA's help is non-existent as well.

You can get it here though.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/278761/caw-faqs-links-to-tutorials-and-resources-textures...

View in thread

Message 2 of 17 (25,794 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Have this problem as well.  Built a new computer and needed to reinstall, but nothing happens.  EA's help is non-existent as well.

You can get it here though.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/278761/caw-faqs-links-to-tutorials-and-resources-textures...

Message 2 of 17 (25,795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@ onemadvagabond   The link worked and now I've managed to start up a map~ Thank you very much!
Message 3 of 17 (25,746 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you so much! That seems to have worked! 

Message 4 of 17 (23,604 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Judal_Ruehl For anyone in 2021 living their best life in the past with Sims 3 (well almost the best... sims2 had some better play i.e. apartments and owning a business... anyone? lol)
HERE is the fix to your CAW download problem. I actually got an EA tech helper that found me a solution!
download link for CAW: http://thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/worldtool.exe

found on: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/278761/caw-faqs-links-to-tutorials-and-resources-texture...

Hope this helps anyone else looking now or in our dystopian future LOL
Message 5 of 17 (18,638 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AllySch1987 excelente!!!! es imposible descargar desde la pagina oficial muchas gracias por tu aporte ya lo estoy bajando
Message 6 of 17 (18,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@AllySch1987 Thank you!! I've been having tons of trouble with getting my sims 3 back up and going with origin (I just wanted to play on my discs Devil) and when I went to get this and try out patterns, the links wouldn't work! Now I'm on to attempt patterns, just to see what it has to offer if I can get it working lol.

(I agree on Sims 2 btw )

Message 7 of 17 (17,723 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope that you can get everything compatible again soon. I feel old since I am now the adult complaining about new tech lol just want things to be left alone sometimes haha I think it'd be nice if they would make all versions work again though. But they definitely used to be more play and less mods. In the original sims releases you didn't ever see mods. But back then internet was dial up and webcams were barely a thing. Heck, Napster was still legal ha! Now I feel very old 🤦

Message 8 of 17 (17,705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

For me it's the link actually not working.. In new tab it opens for 2 sec and disappears.. When I just click the link it shows loading icon and also stops.. What kind of problem is that if it works for everyone else just fine? For me it won't start the download..

Edit: Okay, wow! I opened in new window - nothing. Ht refresh and finally started! Gosh those sims Disappointed At least it works, thanks! Large smile

Message 9 of 17 (16,975 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much! 
Your method is the only way to download the file.

For all people trying:

right click on link > open in new window > F5 or refresh Embarrassed
TY!!!!

Message 10 of 17 (15,031 Views)