I can't register an account with ModTheSims. Can anyone help?

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

Highlighted

I can't register an account with ModTheSims. Can anyone help?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi.  I apologise now as this is not directly a sims problem.  I have been trying to register to get an account on the ModTheSims but I keep failing the mini test.  I am dyslectic, partially sighted, and a little hard of hearing. also my history of the sims in general is not too strong.  Has anyone any suggestions that may help me get through the 'human interface' section of registration. I have already been frozen out from the sight once I don't want it to happen again if I can get help.

Message 1 of 9 (2,533 Views)

Re: I can't register an account with ModTheSims. Can anyone help?

@BillFlowerpot  I have no idea what the minitest entails, or whether the questions change from one registration attempt to another.  But if you happen to be online at the same time I am, you're welcome to PM me the questions, and I'll try to answer them.  Copying and pasting works just fine, or you can take a screenshot.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 9 (2,511 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Than you Puzzlezaddict for your time, patience and interest. I have tried several times again, and again I have been frozen out. To register is not difficult but seemingly impossible. However, I have noticed more recently that I do not need to register an account for my intended goal. I wish to download some mods.

First things first. I have posted two screen shots of the aforementioned problem. The questions do change with each attempt at registering and the visual one is also timed out. Even when you have completed this it can be timed out depending on the time you take to complete the rest or the form.

The early part of the registration page is date of birth, tick box for agreeing to terms and regs. User name, password and E-mail address. The last two need to by duplicated and for this I cut and pasted.

After this mini exam you are asked to confirm you date of birth, there is a time zone selection and daylight saving option, after which there is a collection of tick boxes to indicate one's ownership of which version of Sims their expansion packs and stuff packs.

The first question I have obtained the info from the suggested Wikipedia.

The second question I have tried both with and without the quotes.

The third is as seen on the screen shot number 2. The subject matter changes with each attempt at registering.

Next.

I got this web site from on of the answers posted here. I selected a number of mods I should like to try and made a copy of their addresses.

It was searching for the download link which lead my to believe I needed an account. I include a link here for the first I would like to try. http://www.modthesims.info/d/379838/no-more-fire.html

I have not been able to find the down load link only the link to the registration page.

I hope you or someone can help me in this.

Many thanks in advance.

p.s. The whinge in my earlier post regrading my disabilities is genuine. I read slowly, I misread easily and often. I find it difficult to see small things particularly small print or print that almost matches the background. And I can not scan-read at all. (Poor Little Me). That is why I find the internet such a pain to use.

Message 3 of 9 (2,493 Views)

@BillFlowerpot  In the first photo you attached, I'm not sure what the problem is.  You're correct about Open for Business, and I'm guessing the second answer is supposed to not have quotes.  In the second screenshot, that looks like standard captcha.  Usually though, if you get one of the photos wrong, it lets you keep trying.

At any rate, you certainly don't need to register to download a mod.  Above the description of the mod and below the pictures, you'll see the tabs for Description, Files, Related Uploads, and Comments.  The mod files are under Files.  There's also a warning to download just one copy.

However, this mod hasn't been updated since 2009, so I'm not sure you want to use it.  First of all, it doesn't cover all objects in the game—in the comments, people for example report that the inventing and sculpting stations aren't covered, nor is the fallout from meteors.  (Even birthday cakes are apparently not covered.)  Also, one person reported that it made the game lag, which would be unsurprising for such an old mod.

There may be a better mod available, or a more efficient approach.  If my goal were to end all fires in my active house, I'd buy the Fireproof Homestead lifetime reward, for what I believe is 30,000 points.  If my sims didn't have the points, I'd use NRaas MasterController to grant the points, then buy the reward.  You wouldn't need an account to download from NRaas either, but then again MasterController has a lot more commands to sort through than a standalone tuning mod like the fire one.

There may be other good approaches as well that I don't know about.  Of course, being able to ask about mods means creating an account, either at Mod the Sims or at NRaas.  I remember the NRaas site being easy to handle, although there was again one question that I had to answer.  You could also ask on the official Sims forums, either in your own thread or in the one for new members.  People there will know whether certain mods work with the latest patches and whether they might cause unintended side effects.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-...

Message 4 of 9 (2,485 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you puzzlezadict. Your latest was a great help.  With the notes you posted I grew emboldened and clicked where I would not have clicked before.  I checked out my first choice 'the one that should stop fires'. but it is no better than upgrading, so I have given that one a miss.  As for birthday cake I have not used one since I learned of Testingcheatsenebled True & Shift+Click.  I am currently playing with 'Ambitions' in my selection and have the 'Fireproof Homestead lifetime reward'  Unfortunately as far as I know this is only available with 'Ambitions'. Although it was frustrating to not be able to register an account with 'Modthesims' I now put this down to serendipity and take it as a lucky escape.  I now have two mods in my game 1, to prevent autonomous computer gaming, and 2, to prevent autonomous computer web browsing.  I followed the link you posted and felt lost.  I found nothing more recent than 2016 and the search did not help me.  Nonetheless thanks again from BillFlowerpot.

Message 5 of 9 (2,442 Views)

@BillFlowerpot  I'm glad you found a couple of mods that work for you.  Just so you know, the thread I linked is 101 pages long.  Here's the newest page, with posts from a few days ago:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-...

The reason I linked it is that while I know a reasonable amount about mods, I'm not familiar with everything that's out there, so I'm not the right person to ask if you're looking for a specific mod.  But there are people on that site who have an extensive knowledge base, both when it comes to which mods are available (and work correctly) and what can be accomplished with mods in general.  Plus, I can't link specific downloads here—it's against this site's rules—but that's not true of the officail Sims forums.

Message 6 of 9 (2,434 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Genuflections to you Puzzlezadict.  I followed the link you posted and realised that the format was not the same as it is for these pages (latest first), but the opposite. In my previous excursion I was looking at pages 1 onward.  I have posted a related question about mods.  Tar Everso

Message 7 of 9 (2,425 Views)

★ Novice

I cant either, it now wont let me "Too many incorrect registration attempts from the same IP address. Registration denied."

Message 8 of 9 (1,676 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@13Hoplow13 Leave it 24-48 hours and try again - that is is you want to.
Message 9 of 9 (1,627 Views)