Re: I can't re-enable my mods in Sims4? Game keeps disabling ability to add/use

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't re-enable my mods in Sims4? Game keeps disabling ability to add/use mods

★★★★ Novice

It all started with the major update earlier in the year where the game disabled all mods. I go onto the game and it comes up with the standard dialogue "Mods have been disabled" "EA does not support Mods" "re-enable mods through the options", so I go to options, re-enable mods, apply the changes, restart the game, but when I load up to the main menu it comes up with the same dialogue and automatically disables mods again? It's been doing this for months now.

The laptop I have is a MSi Gaming laptop, NVDIA GTX950M, i7 Intel core etc. so I'm sure it's nothing to do with the computer itself.

But I actually have no idea what to do?

Message 1 of 7 (57,894 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Try moving the following file to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims\options(.ini)

These are all your options. Start the game and reset them to what you want. Then close down the game and restart again. See if it now sticks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (58,966 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try moving the following file to the desktop: documents\electronicarts\thesims\options(.ini)

These are all your options. Start the game and reset them to what you want. Then close down the game and restart again. See if it now sticks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (58,967 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also deleted the empty mods folder just in case and it worked! Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 7 (57,845 Views)

Hero

Glad it did.

Enjoy 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (57,835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I get this is an OLD thread however i stumbled across this forum due to experiencing this issue for the FIRST time in my Sim gaming history after the update on 12/12/2019 and I've been playing since elementary school. I'm 25 now. LOL.

Anyways, i saw some were getting it to work using the other methods provided and some weren't. I was one of the few who weren't getting it to work. I tried everything from moving the options folder to my desktop, moving my mods folder to my desktop,opening and closing the game several times, clearing my Cache, restarting my computer, crying, eating my feelings, bargaining with the devil... i even deleted all my saves as a last resort and it would still give me the mods disabled error.

THEN I DID THIS AND IT WORKED:

I moved the sims folder ENTIRELY to my extra space drive on my SSD and named it "Electronic Arts BACKUP"

This removed it COMPLETELY from my documents (If it doesn't, just delete the folder but make sure you moving it to the other drive as a back up worked first if you don't want to lose anything like mods/saves/screen captures.) and then i restarted the game which will create a new Electronic Arts folder. Once started, i enabled mods, went out of the game, put my mods back in my new mods folder, restarted the game and IT TOOK. IT WORKED.

I hope this saves someone from drowning in their own tears like i did if the other options don't work for you.

Message 5 of 7 (55,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please please please explain in a little more detail what you did because I desperately need help on how to fix my game

Message 6 of 7 (54,996 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Tylerframps, could you open a new thread on this and add what you've tried so far? I'll lock this thread here in the meantime as it's an older thread that's been necro'd.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 7 of 7 (54,986 Views)