I can't play the sims 3 as it says I'm not connected to the Internet, please help!

by weightlessmagic

Original Post

I can't play the sims 3 as it says I'm not connected to the Internet, please help!

★★★ Newbie
I managed to install origin and the sims 3 fine but when I go to open it, it opens up the sims launcher, I click play and it says 'important message! The game needs access to the Internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure that your computer is online and try again.' I am definitely online! How can I stop this appearing?
I have tried adding it to my exceptions list on my firewall
I heard that you could open the ts3w.exe file which avoids opening the launcher but this doesn't work for me- it again opens the launcher! I just want to play the game!
Message 1 of 4 (1,191 Views)

Re: I can't play the sims 3 as it says I'm not connected to the Internet, please help!

Hero

The game needs a first time verification. Something still seems to block the connection.

I would try turning off Firewall and anti virus completely while installing as well as starting the launcher as administrator.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,162 Views)

Re: I can't play the sims 3 as it says I'm not connected to the Internet, please

★★ Novice

i have the same problem and i have my firewall off as well as my antivirus off. The game is still not running. Also it is not possible to run game as administrator, because origin takes those rights... i payed for this game and gave ea money it does not deserve....... its just us users who pay who have to suffer. The others have no issues.....

Message 3 of 4 (321 Views)

Re: I can't play the sims 3 as it says I'm not connected to the Internet, please

Hero

When do you get the message and what's the exact wording of the error you're getting ?

If you run Origin as Admin and start the game through Origin, it will also be run as admin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (307 Views)