I can't play the Sims 4 with the seasons expansion, it always glitches my game!

by TokyoTed

Original Post

I can't play the Sims 4 with the seasons expansion, it always glitches my game!

★★★ Newbie

I have enjoyed playing the Sims for years and Sims 4 has been amazing. I downloaded The Sims 4 Seasons expansion as soon as it came out because I was so excited about what it would bring. Unfortunately, I have been unable to play my game with this expansion because every time it is equipped my game glitches. The glitch is the same every time. I am able to play for a while but then randomly the time will stop. My Sims will be able to look around in their stationary place but they will not fulfill actions in their que. If this occurs and I pause the game, it will all of a sudden shift to the proper time and the sim will complete one action I have told them to do and then it will freeze again. Pausing and playing and pausing and playing is not a way I can enjoy the game. Because of this, I have disabled the pack on my computer and play without it. Whenever I don't have the seasons installed, my game runs smoothly. I would like to finally enjoy the game I bought years ago. Any suggestions?  

Message 1 of 2 (208 Views)

Re: I can't play the Sims 4 with the seasons expansion, it always glitches my ga

@TokyoTed  Seasons is a demanding pack, and if your computer is borderline to run it, or your hardware isn't performing as it should, having Seasons enabled can definitely bog down the game.  A good place to start would be with a dxdiag on your computer.  You can attach one to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (186 Views)