I can't open my game still even after the new patch

by hannahisabel45

Original Post

I can't open my game still even after the new patch

★★★ Newbie

l am still unable to play after the November update and then bug fix patch. So basically the game won't open, I click on the Sims 4 icon on my desktop to open the game and it just opens origin so I then will try to open it through origin and it won't open there. I have tried everything I can find on the internet; my computer is 100% up to date, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Sims and origin multiple times, I have repaired my game, ran as administrator, updated drivers, did a clean reboot multiple times and nothing works. Please help me figure out how to fix this issue I just want to play my game! Frown

Message 1 of 4 (156 Views)

Re: I can't open my game still even after the new patch

@hannahisabel45  Please specifically run Origin as an admin: right-click on Origin.exe or its shortcut and select "Run as administrator."  When it's open, do the same for Sims 4.

If that doesn't help, please completely disable your antivirus and do the above again.  It's often not enough these days to simply set exceptions for the game and Origin.

If that doesn't help either, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (141 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your help! I had my dad's tech friend look into it and he was able to fix it yay!! I think it had to do with my anti-virus but I am into my game after almost a month so thanks again for your help Standard smile 

Message 3 of 4 (116 Views)

@hannahisabel45  I'm glad to hear that.  If you can find out, I'd love to know exactly what fixed the issue for you.  Many people have had the same problem, and for some of them, it still isn't fixed, so more information is always helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (113 Views)