Re: I can't move my sims into a house

by afgfk

Original Post

I can't move my sims into a house

★ Novice

Everytime I try to move my family into a house I click ' Start playing with this household' and the button that goes back and that one goes grey. I can still click options but nothing else really. I have no mods or anything only expansion packs and its been like this since around the start of the month. At the moment that last expansion pack that I got was University. Anyone know how I can fix this? I really wanna play sims

Message 1 of 12 (15,338 Views)

Hero (Retired)

see ifthis will work  you go to choose the houshold click the ... edit town then return to game set up and see if you can place your house hold then

Message 2 of 12 (15,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am so glad I'm not the only one who has this problem. I have no CC items and my last extension pack was installed three months ago so it isn't down to that. I would say it needs patching AGAIN - as the last patch screwed this command up. EA aren't interested in replying to me when I email them about the problem and it now means I am stuck on two towns not being able to play with any of my families. Hopefully it will sort itself out - everything they fix there is than always a problem. Get it right EA! I've spent way too much money on this game!

Message 3 of 12 (15,307 Views)

★ Novice

I know there are alot of people with this problem since I did find a forum about it so don't worry xD . But its also Horrible how we can't play . I rarely feel the need to play The Sims 3 since I have alot on my mind but now its the holidays and the game decides to bascially stop working? I hope they patch it soon.

Message 4 of 12 (15,303 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem after having installed University Life. It's driving me insane!! I've tried everything: uninstalling, reinstalling, even playing without the expansion pack and it STILL does it! Has anybody found a solution to this problem?

Message 5 of 12 (15,182 Views)

Hero

Have you tried if it works if you don't login in the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (15,176 Views)

★ Novice

As I type this to you the problem has been solved for me . Since I was having this problem aswell and I did the same things as you I will tell you to buy a new expansion pack. This seemed to work for me and my game stopped having the problem after that. I bought Island Paradise if you are wondering and I think its the best solution . I hope this helps fix your problem since its the best advice I can give you

Message 7 of 12 (15,172 Views)

Hero

Thanks for that info. 

Great to hear that it's solved for you. Could you please accept your post as solution to reflect as much.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (15,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just to add my two cents: the exact same thing happened to me with the latest EP intstalled, and I finally managed to fix it by, in addition to deleting all my custom content, deleteing all 5 cache files in ~\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ - the CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package an socialCache.package files. I don't think the deletion has any negative effect on the game, apart from it having to generate them again, but if you want to be cautious, just try renaming them.

Message 9 of 12 (15,075 Views)

Hero

Hi liunif,

thanks for that suggestion.

Deleting the cache file has indeed no effect on the game (negativewise). They will be recreated and help in  a lot of situations since they accumulate old stuff. There's no need to rename them. Deleting is fine.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (15,059 Views)