I can't log in to The Sims 3

by ingvildbg

Original Post

Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

They wound up calling me, had me uninstall the Origin launcher, and then reinstall it after restarting my computer. Nada. Ugh.

Message 41 of 72 (2,803 Views)

EA Staff

@Jeweledapple and @theIrishKitty87 

Could you please try the following: 

1. Open Internet Explorer
  2. Go to Tools - Internet options - Advanced
  3. Select 'Reset' and check the box 'Delete personal Settings'
  4. Restart IE

After this try logging in again.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 42 of 72 (2,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can anyone tell me how to reset IE if I don't have it installed on my Mac? If the launcher uses IE but I use Safari and don't have IE on my Mac then how can I reset it? Ive tried to download IE and it isn't supported/won't download properly from the Microsoft site. Just bought these games and want a refund already - just plain stupid this issue has been going on for years! Just want to play the game!

Message 43 of 72 (2,662 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Ursula wrote:

So this is the point where you try to log in, correct?

Login1.JPG

Can you try to log in here instead?

Login2.JPG

If that does not work, just play without being logged in by clicking on "Play" here and then on "Continue Without Log In" in the next sceen here:

Login3.JPG

Nothing gets lost while playing without being logged in btw.

I can log into the EA site, but trying to log into thesims3.com and into the game launcher, it gives me a bad password error message. Why hasn't this been fixed as yet?

Message 44 of 72 (2,627 Views)

★ Novice

My problem exactly, it made me make a whole new account and I just want to get my old one back.

Message 45 of 72 (2,577 Views)

★ Novice

This worked for me too - thank you <3

Message 46 of 72 (2,463 Views)

★ Novice

I had trouble logging in and linking my origin account with Sim3.com as well. Clearing cache and using different browsers didn't work for me, but what I did truly worked for me was changing my origin ID and using a different email (I used firefox).

I went to my Origin account first and changed the information (ID and Email) then logged out of Origin and uninstall Origin. Then reinstall Origin and use the changed email and password into Sim3.com login page. Click the persona which is the new ID and click the options boxes and signed up. It should worked successfully.  Once you are login it will say your partial log in and needs the game key. The game key can be found in Origin (if purchased from Origin) by clicking the sims game in "My game library" and right click for the option "Game properties". You may not have to look for gamekey, if the Sims3 automatically logs you in because it connects to Origin. But it asks for it, do as instructed to find game key or Google how to find game key in Origin. I hope this help!

BTW I'm just a regular person who was dealing with the log in issues for couple of weeks (major headaches). Not a EA worker/Tech or anything like that lol. Please tell me if this works for you.

Message 47 of 72 (2,437 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you SO much! I was struggling with this * all night and your solution worked perfectly for me! thank you thank you thank you!

Message 48 of 72 (2,339 Views)

★ Novice

Bless you!   I've done everything under the sun to resolve this, and forgot to clear IE, just cleared Chrome.   Works beautifully now that I cleared IE.   Ty ty. 

Message 49 of 72 (2,136 Views)

★★ Novice

This has happened to me so many times.

This time I read these comments, decided to try the resetting IE thing though I never use it. Rebooted. Still no joy. Then went back to the EA page and reset password and nnow it works!

Kudos to whoever figured it out.

I'm just glad it works!

Message 50 of 72 (2,104 Views)