I can't log in to The Sims 3

by ingvildbg

Original Post

Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

★ Apprentice

I'm sure you've solved this by now, but for future readers - Try this.

Open IE and go to Tools --> Internet Options --> Advanced --> Reset.
Check the box that says "Delete Personal Settings.
Restart your computer

I don't use IE at all, but the sims launcher uses IE to start. I got this solution after being referred to EA's expert team.

Message 31 of 72 (3,509 Views)

★★ Novice

^^^ this solution just worked for me.  Thank you!

Message 32 of 72 (3,480 Views)

★★★ Novice

OH MY GOD!!! Thank you SOOOO MUCH for posting this fix! The frickin' login error has been confounding and driving me INSANE for the past few weeks, and this fixed it right off the bat! YOU are a GODSEND!!! XP for you!!! Large smile

Message 33 of 72 (3,464 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for the xp! You are welcome

Message 34 of 72 (3,445 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

im having the same problem an its fustrating it was working fine  few hours ago untill i downloaded origin an now everything is messed up

Message 35 of 72 (3,415 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this exact same issue, I've had this issue before, after a while it let me log back in, now it's started again. 

Message 36 of 72 (3,399 Views)

★★★ Novice
I had it happen to me again after following ukbuildfreak's instructions. I simply followed the instructions again that s/he had posted, and was able to log back in again. Origin might somehow reset the launcher; following the same steps again should fix it.

On a separate note, I was getting multiple "serious error" messages while trying to travel home from the WA worlds, so I ended up hitting the Windows key on my keyboard, opening up Task Manager, and closing Origin out while I was still Simming. My game didn't shut down with Origin shut down. I'm not sure if that's what helped me to be able to travel home finally or not, but it finally stopped throwing that error...
Message 37 of 72 (3,384 Views)

★★ Novice

I still couldn't get it to work, so I broke down, and just put a new password on the ea page, and that some how seems to have fixed whatever was going on.

Message 38 of 72 (3,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks so much for your help!!! Heart

Message 39 of 72 (3,339 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I understand that I can still log in and play, but if we aren't logged in we don't get access to our downloads and cc. Any other tips?

Message 40 of 72 (3,192 Views)