by artmists

Original Post

Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

★★★★★ Novice

Same!!!

Message 61 of 72 (2,394 Views)

★★ Novice

I have done all the fixes, cleaned my registry, cleared all caches, been on chat with support for 2 hours, and my Sims 3 Launcher STILL won't let me login. I just bought Midnight Hollow with SimPoints and can't install it, therefore wasted $30 on Simpoints. And my ticket with EA says "resolved." NO ITS NOT!! I still can't play!!! I can login on the website, but not the launcher, and you can't install add ons from the store without the launcher!

Message 62 of 72 (2,349 Views)

@ScarlettSox  I just tried downloading something from the store, and it worked without my having to login at the launcher level.  You might need to experiment with which application to choose to open when prompted by the store site—today, the base game icon worked for me, but months ago, I needed to use the Ambitions icon.

But that doesn't directly answer your question.  Typically, it's necessary to clear the cache for Internet Explorer as well as your other browsers, as the launcher uses it behind the scenes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

When I decide I want to login while playing, I do so at the Main Menu, so I couldn't tell you how well the launcher works.  But it shouldn't be necessary to login to the launcher at all, for any reason.  Still, if you can't solve this any other way, you could try removing the file with your email address in it in your game folder.  The address would be Documents\EA\TS3\Downloads, and the file is labeled [your email].bin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 63 of 72 (2,341 Views)

★★ Novice

When i go to the store I just see “download” on the item page, and it goes to the launcher. How can I make it bypass that?

Message 64 of 72 (2,333 Views)

@ScarlettSox  The launcher is supposed to open just as you described.  But you don't have to login, or touch anything.  Normally, the launcher needs 10-15 seconds, maybe a bit longer, to wake up and receive the download.  You shouldn't have to press any button to make this happen—the downloads tab should open on its own and show the store item.  If you're having trouble, try downloading only one small item at a time, just to see if the process is working at all.

Again, if the launcher shows up but doesn't register a download, try downloading again but choosing a different app (the icon for the base game instead of an icon for one of your packs) when prompted by the website.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 65 of 72 (2,319 Views)

★ Novice

And if this doesn't work, change your password. I did all of this and nothing worked, so I got fed up with it and added one more letter to my password. Then I went back to my launcher and logged in, Standard smile

Message 66 of 72 (1,877 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I follow your step, and finally it solved my problem!!!!

Guys! All this is about ie browser problem cause its too old , you solved ie you solved this problem.

1. reset ie

2. set www.thesims3.com & www.ea.com to trusted site.

3. login to this 2 website and keep sign in. (cant open ea.com cause ie too old, but i still set it to trusted site.)

4. closed ie and open origin launcher, its finally can login.

Thank!!! muakksss!!

Message 67 of 72 (1,735 Views)

★★★ Novice

not sure if you guys have solved your problems, but i was able to solve mine once i reset my password. you guys probably already tried that, but i thought i’d throw that in there. 

Message 68 of 72 (1,536 Views)

★★ Novice
@ScarlettSox hello, Try not to log in right away, go straight to the three dots in the bottom left corner once you're in the game, click on options, go to the online tab, and then try to log in. Hopefully, this works for you!
Message 69 of 72 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I had solved it on my own by reentering my email address without using the presaged feature then input my password and it worked!!

Message 70 of 72 (453 Views)