Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

by pschibes56

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Has anybody gotten any further with this issue? I just downloaded the Sims 3 and the Into the Future EP and I have the exact problem described by everyone else. Seems like 2 months since the last post in this thread, and a year since the first... it's ridiculous that it's not fixed by now... I'm on a mac and I downloaded my games through Origin. Maybe that has something to do with it? I had to create my sims 3 account through my Origin account. Can't log in to sims 3 account on any browser - keeps taking me randomly back to the registration page. Can't log in in the launcher or in game. This is just stupid.

My Origin app is working fine. I just can't log in to the sims 3 community through ANY method - which means I can't register my games... or anything else.

Any help is welcomed.

Message 21 of 72 (25,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey! I had to message EA in order to solve it, I don't even remember how they fixed it. It took me several days of messaging them and a bunch of * fixes that didn't even work. What eventually "solved" it for my Mac was to log in when I'm in the game. I couldn't log in at the start-up page, but after I got to the main page in the game, that's where I could log in. I think my main issue was that I had TWO accounts, and they had to merge those two together, or delete the one, and then retry. It was a nightmare, to be quite frank. And it is ridiculous that they haven't even bothered with fixing all of the crazy bugs!!! I have both a Mac and an MSI computer, and it is like a dream to play it on the MSI rather than on the Mac.. But why even launch a game that works so poorly on a Mac??

Good luck!! Sorry I couldn't be very specific or helpful.. Frown

Message 22 of 72 (25,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i CAN login but i can't seem to get a WORKING persona all it says is not available or invalid!!!! :man frustrated: 

Message 23 of 72 (25,292 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone else having this problem still? I have a regular pc and I can log in on any browser, but not in game...

Message 24 of 72 (25,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having some sort of script error and it wouldn't let me log in. I went to the sims 3 EA store logged in there downloaded some of my purchased content, it gave me some sim store update. Then I tried logging into the launcher and it worked and I can log in.

Message 25 of 72 (25,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I couldn't log in to Origin itself at first! It even made me think if I used another email. but then i made the whole "Forgot Password" process, changed password and it worked.

But when I open the game, it says it can't connect. I try to login and says "Invalid email or password". I tried to make the same "Forgot password" thing but it sends me to the EA website, where I login with no problem at all. So I go to the Sims3 website, try to login with my EA account and still says Invalid email or password. I try to register, it tells me to type my EA account email and then asks me to login again. I'm going nuts here.

HALP

Message 26 of 72 (25,135 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PapercutVII rather login via the main menu or options when you're in-game

Message 27 of 72 (25,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Everything goes through IE, even the in-game login seems to, and the launcher definitely does, since every time IE updates the launcher throws script errors.

What worked for me was clearing IE's cache, changing my EA/Sims3 password, then in Internet Explorer go to ea.com and thesims3.com and logging in with the new password.

Make sure to save your login credentials. Close out of IE and go back to the sites to make sure they still show you as logged in. Now the launcher and actual game should allow logins.

If it still doesn't work - if you have IE locked down to actually be secure as a browser, it will probably break Sims3's launcher and game logins. Add ea.com and thesims3.com to your Trusted Sites list. Alternately, if you don't have any customizations to worry about losing, try resetting the default internet security settings in IE/Control Panel.

I'm just a customer, not staff.

Message 28 of 72 (25,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have one account and i cant log in. When i try and i get everything right, this Regestration comes up and i do that right but it keeps going back to that page. HELP!!!!! i had pets and now i have to pay 20 dollars to get it back. Bu ti dint want to do it!!

Message 29 of 72 (24,440 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@hbwow2011    if the registration page keeps looping like that  try clear the internet cache and or switching browsers if using safari,opera or chrome try IE or Firefox then log in with the email and password you use for the account

as for buying a game you already own contact CS to see if they can help with that

contact CS

1.https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
2.Click on the orange NEXT button
3.Select a platform
4.Click on the orange NEXT button
5.Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
6.Click on the orange NEXT button
7.Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Adviser

Message 30 of 72 (24,423 Views)