Re: I can't log in to The Sims 3

by Andromache2013

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't log in to The Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

When I start the game I press log in, type my info, hit log in, and I am thrown to a registration site (https://launcherapi.thesims3.com/register.html) where it asks me to type in persona and gender, which I do and i agree to the terms etc, and press sign up. And I'm back at the registration site.. I can't seem to get it to move forward, and when I try clicking forgotten password, I only get sent to Origin for getting my password back, but I'm already logged on to it and I know that password. What on earth is happening? I've had issues with this EA bull**** for as long as I can remember (been playing for 10 years), and the last 6 or 7 years I've been unable to log in to register my games (only gotten a OOOPS message when trying to click log in, now at least I don't get that message). I've never been able to find out where to actually talk to anyone related to EA who could maybe possibly address my issues. Has anyone else had this log-in issue? I have been searching the forums for it, but can't seem to find anything relateable to this.. :/

Message 1 of 72 (43,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

So this is the point where you try to log in, correct?

Login1.JPG

Can you try to log in here instead?

Login2.JPG

If that does not work, just play without being logged in by clicking on "Play" here and then on "Continue Without Log In" in the next sceen here:

Login3.JPG

Nothing gets lost while playing without being logged in btw.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 72 (33,817 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

This issue should actually be fixed.

Try clearing your browser cache or use a different browser.

If that doesn't help, get in touch with a customer support game advisor so they can look at your account

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Set your language to US at the bottom
  3. Click on Contact a game advisor 
  4. Describe your issue with a few words
  5. Click on Find a Solution
  6. Select Product: ex: The Sims 3 or Origin
  7. Select Issue Type: ex: Billing/Purchasing or Account Management
  8. Select Platform: PC
  9. Click Find solution
  10. Scroll down and click I still need help
  11. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

With Pics here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 72 (43,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have cleared the browser cache, and tried in both Safari and Firefox, no dice Frown Will try getting in touch with customer support, thanks for giving me the step-by-step!! 

Message 3 of 72 (43,043 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried getting help from a game advisor, and i have to say, they suck. No help from them what so ever, and I was chatting with them for a total of four hours over two days. I think I have to give it up. Was told to unistall everything and reinstall it. Like I haven't done that several times already! So frustrated. Thank you again though for advising me what to do, too bad the people who are supposed to know this stuff have no clue. 

Message 4 of 72 (43,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oops, lol, signed in with another account. I'm the same person who created this post Standard smile

Message 5 of 72 (43,039 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

I'll ask the community managers to take a look. 

Message 6 of 72 (43,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello ibg,

Taking a look at this, you should be good to go. Make sure you're logging in with the right email address(the same as your AHQ one), and it should launch ok. What error do you get when you try to log in? On thesims3.com, does the game show up on your profile page?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 72 (43,030 Views)

★★★ Novice

Logging in with the right e-mail address (as far as I know), which has always been my main. The game launches, and I can play it, I just can't log in through the game-screen. Before (since the launch of The Sims 3) up to a few months ago I got the error that said something like this: "Ooops... We can't process this atm, try again later", but lately the login screen has just disappeared after typing my info in (still showing as NOT logged in). I tried logging in with my secondary account, and that made the entire game shut down completely, forcing me to re-open it. My primary account didn't cause that. During the chat with the advisor he merged two of my accounts together so now that too happens when I use my main to try to login in the game. So now it shuts down no matter what account I try with. (I swear he made everything worse!) I CAN however login through browser with both Safari and Firefox. So I know the account works and passwords are correct. I've also tried this through the origin client, but game still shuts down when I try to login. Is this normal??

The game shows up at my profile page.

Message 8 of 72 (43,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Where exactly are you trying to log in? In the launcher or in the game?

Are you using the email that you use for your ibg90 account in this board here?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 9 of 72 (43,020 Views)

★★★ Novice

In the launcher. 

Yes, that's the one. Sorry if I'm too confusing! 

Message 10 of 72 (43,014 Views)