I can't go to work with my sim anymore!

by GamerGirl378

Original Post

I can't go to work with my sim anymore!

★★★ Novice

So I downloaded the sims 4 get to work expansion pack. And I want to make it clear that I know that you are only supposed to be able to go to the careers within the pack (scientist, detective, doctor, or retail) and not the other careers that were there before. I have two sims in the sims 4 that had active careers one as a detective, and the other as a doctor. However they also both have retail stores in addition to their other jobs. I was able to do BOTH jobs with BOTH of the characters in my game at first but now it is not working. I can still do the retail career, but it won't allow me to go to the detective career or the doctor career with them. I don't ever recall selecting the option to have the sim go to work without me. Now the two careers (doctor, and detective) work just like the careers did before I got the expansion pack. I would really like to see this issue resolved. Is there any way that I can fix this issue? Do you think that Origin or EA will be making any updates to help work through some of the issues that people have been having in the sims 4 get to work expansion pack? I got the sims 4 expansion pack specifically to be able to work with my sims. And when I can only do the retail career... It takes a lot of that function away from me. I would much like to see this issue resolved.

Message 1 of 6 (40,363 Views)

Re: I can't go to work with my sim anymore!

Please try the bug forum:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

I could not find this bug in the list yet.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (40,341 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know whether you've found a solution or not but I had the same issue and found a fix for anyone else looking for the help. I right clicked on the sims 4 in Origin and selected the option to repair my game and this worked perfectly. I re-opened my game and I was able to rejoin my sim in the work place. 

Message 3 of 6 (39,554 Views)

★★★ Novice
I found my fix.. go to a park or any other lot stay there the whole time until its time for your sim to go to work.. and then it will pop up the option to join or send you're sim to work.
Message 4 of 6 (38,941 Views)

★ Apprentice

@2preciousgamer just wanted to confirm that in 2020, I was still having this weird glitch. The solution @2preciousgamer suggested, worked for me. I did not have to restart the career. I sent my sim to the museum to view art about 2 hours before her shift, and it gave me the option to join her when it was time. Thanks!

Message 5 of 6 (27,211 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (27,178 Views)