Re: I can't follow my sims to work

by kreatora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I can't follow my sims to work

★★ Novice

Whenever I try to follow my sims to work, I get the spinning plumb bob screen and the game never progresses past that to the workplace.  What am I missing?

Message 1 of 6 (489 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@rilke9
I understand that this applies to the detective, scientist or doctor.
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"

You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (478 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@rilke9
I understand that this applies to the detective, scientist or doctor.
If you have any mods move the mods folder to the desktop. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library -right click on TS4 - option "Repair game"

You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.

If you don't have CC or mods delete this file and fix the game also. The game will create the same new file but without saved errors.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder. Check if a game is working now without mods. Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method
If it does not work then we'll try another method later
I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (479 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks very much.  There were a lot of mods and I deleted a few that hadn't been working, but almost everything went smoothly when I re-inserted them bit by bit into the new Mod folder.  I can now follow everyone to work, but not the actor.  Is there a different kind of fix for the Get Famous add-on?

Message 3 of 6 (450 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@rilke9
No, there is no such a separate method. You still have a mod that causes it.
Message 4 of 6 (447 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks again.  I found the two offenders.  Much appreciated.

Message 5 of 6 (435 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@rilke9
Could you name these two mods? This can be useful for other users
Message 6 of 6 (425 Views)