Re: I can't find my screen captured video recordings Sims 4

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★ Novice

Thank you! This worked for my Recordings and screenshots, but now  I am getting an error that I don't have permission to edit the folders surrounding it? Does that make sense? I.e. I cannot edit/move other folders/files in my other folders in documents. It says I don't have permission?

Message 11 of 20 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@PlanetofMarty wrote:

Thank you! This worked for my Recordings and screenshots, but now  I am getting an error that I don't have permission to edit the folders surrounding it? Does that make sense? I.e. I cannot edit/move other folders/files in my other folders in documents. It says I don't have permission?

@crinrict Here's a screenshot of the error popup

Message 12 of 20 (489 Views)

Hero
@PlanetofMarty Is that folder in documents as well ? Doesn't look like a Sims folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Yeah. So, basically, my Sims 4 folders with the Screen Recordings and Screenshots and such are all in a folder in my files ("The Sims 4"), in which THAT folder is inside my "Important Documents" folder. "Important Documents" is a folder in my Documents file section.

Since allowing and adding "exceptions" those pathways (screenshots, recorded videos, TS4, TS4x64, etc.), my screencaptures have been saving, but now I cannot rename, delete, or move any files or folders in any of my folders in "Important Documents". It definitely was a result of the allowances in AVG, I've never really had that problem before.

Any ideas what's going on? Do you need any more screenshots/have more questions? (/g)

Message 14 of 20 (450 Views)

Hero
@PlanetofMarty Maybe you need to allow that folder too ? Did you check if AVG is now blocking that ?

The ransomware protection is generally blocking the whole user folder from harmful programs (or what it thinks is harmful).

Other possibility is that they are locked for some reason. Did you restart your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 20 (434 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Sorry for my late reply, I just finished up finals week at my school.

I have added the entire folder and even the entire Documents section of my files as a whole to my AVG "Exceptions" list, but I am still having the same issue. I just restarted my laptop, and still the same popup.

Any other ideas? Sorry this is so frustrating! I really appreciate your help, as I have no one else to ask to be quite frank. Frown

Denied Part 2.JPG

Message 16 of 20 (398 Views)

Hero
@PlanetofMarty I have no idea. I'll ask around if anyone else has seen this behavior and can help you further

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (392 Views)

@PlanetofMarty  Do you have any school software on your computer, perhaps something that allows you to take tests remotely?  I ask because these kinds of programs often have anti-cheating measures that are quite invasive, sometimes changing permissions on user folders in addition to everything else they do.  It's possible that the permissions on your Documents folder are somewhat borked now, especially if AVG conflicts with some other program's setting.

The first thing to do here is to back up your entire "The Sims 4" folder, just in case things go wrong.  (They sometimes do with this kind of problem.)  The best approach would be to copy the folder to an external drive or USB stick, but you can also upload it to a free filehosting service like Google Drive or Dropbox.  Either way, zip the folder first.

Next, please undo the changes you made to AVG's settings one at a time, and test after each one to see whether your permissions have been restored.  Let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 20 (377 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Please do. Please @ me if/when you get some responses. I don't know anyone where I live, yet alone anyone with both Sims and IT experience. Thank you again for being someone I can ask questions to. Standard smile

Message 19 of 20 (370 Views)

@PlanetofMarty  Crinrict asked if I had any ideas, and I posted immediately above.  Please let me know whether my suggestions make any difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 20 (366 Views)