Re: I can't download Nifty Knitting on origin as the page has moved?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

I can't download Nifty Knitting on origin as the page has moved?

★ Novice

Hey everyone, 

I've been ready and waiting to download Nifty Knitting all month but honestly now it's come around I am so angry I can't download it on Origin because every time I try I search it, I can see it but if I click it just says 404 ERROR because apparently the page might have moved or something? Does anybody know how to sort this? 

Message 1 of 10 (1,120 Views)

@StudentKaty2016  Try downloading it from the Origin app instead.  Sign in, open your game library, click on the Sims 4 icon, select More > Stuff Packs, scroll down to Nifty Knitting, and click the orange Download button.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (1,080 Views)

★ Novice

Actually if I do it that way it doesn't show up at all, like as if it hasn't been released yet but I know it has. Its so confusing :/ @puzzleaddict

Message 3 of 10 (1,076 Views)

@StudentKaty2016  Try clearing Origin's cache, to force it to refresh its data:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't help, please let me know what country you're in.  I thought the pack would be released worldwide by now, but perhaps it's not available everywhere quite yet.

Message 4 of 10 (1,056 Views)

★ Novice

I'm based in the UK, I thought it was supposed to be out at 6pm today x

Message 5 of 10 (1,054 Views)

@StudentKaty2016  Yes, it should be.  If clearing Origin's cache doesn't help, open a private browsing window and go here:

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/addon/the-sims-4-nifty-knitting-stuff-pac...

You should be able to buy or download once you're signed in, but load that page first.

Message 6 of 10 (1,015 Views)

★ Novice

The cache thing didn't work but the private browser link did! Thank you so much, may I ask do you have any idea why that might have happened? Standard smile x

Message 7 of 10 (1,007 Views)

@StudentKaty2016  Origin is difficult sometimes, and while clearing its cache should help, it's possible that it would have taken a few tries, or a day or so, to make it work.  (I've long since given up trying to figure out what Origin is doing.)

For the website, it might be a caching issue too, which the private browser would circumvent; or maybe the exact address for the product did change, and you were looking at the old one.  I pulled up Origin in a private window and went from there.

Message 8 of 10 (984 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello. 

I am getting an error also. Through the origin app on my computer, clicking onto the website itself AND trying to even purchase through my phone....I keep getting a WHOOPS error. 

Message 9 of 10 (896 Views)

@weskaggs  Did you try the suggestions earlier in this thread?  If the private browser window doesn't work, it may help to use a different browser instead.

Message 10 of 10 (853 Views)