Re: I can't add CC or Mods for Sims?

by CMeki

Original Post

I can't add CC or Mods for Sims?

★★★ Newbie

So basically, I uninstalled Sims 4 and re-installed it today. Origin didn't find a \Origin folder to keep itself in, so I put it in a new folder. Then, when I re-installed Sims 4, my Sims 4 folder was in the Origin folder. SO BASICALLY, first I couldn't find my Electronic Arts folder, I found it, but there was like some folders like "EA Services" and "EA Core". No Sims 4. Then when I wanted to use CC in Sims 4, there was no mods folder in it! Please help me... I've been trying to figure this out for almost a week now.

Message 1 of 8 (3,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@asteroiids

The Mods folder is located here: C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\

Might also be in a similar place on OneDrive, but it's in your documents somewhere. There folders are created when you first run the game Standard smile

Message 2 of 8 (3,478 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to install custom content. My Resource.cfg file is in Sims 4 > Data > Simulation. There is no Mods folder in the main folder. I have absolutely no idea. i attempted, like other forums have said, to make a mods folder in the main folder and place the resource.cfg file in it as well as the downloaded .package custom content that other forums have told me are compatible with my game. i have no clue on what im doing wrong or how to fix it. I deleted my game, re installed it and nothing changed. there was still no mods folder and all that. what do i do?

Message 3 of 8 (3,457 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SeetheKAS

Hi!

To make this easier to understand, i put all folders in italic. Please tell me if you still do not understand.

You're not supposed to be changing things in the Data folder!
You were here right? C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Simulation

(or some location close to that)

The files that are in Programs > Origin Games > Game name are your game files. They are needed to run the game properly, if you change there you might make a change to your game that makes it impossible to run (and have to reinstall).
Please remove the Mods folder from Origin Games > The Sims 4 (follow instructions below)

What you should to is open your user documents! There you have a folder called Electronic Arts, and in that you have your The Sims 4 - folder. This is the folder with your the Sims user files. These include mods, custom music, saves, your library, screenshots etc.

So here's what you can do

• Go to Programs > Origin Games > The Sims 4 and open the Mods - folder.
  • Delete the resource.cfg (or move it back to Simulation if you moved it instead of copied it)
  • Select everything in the Mods - folder (Crtl+A to fast select everything on windows)
  • Cut it out (Crtl+X on windows, or right click and choose cut)
  • Go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Can you see the Mods - folder there?
  • Open the Mods - folder and paste everything (Crtl+V on windows, or right click and choose paste)
  • Go back to Programs > Origin Games > The Sims 4 and delete the Mods - folder, then never come back Wink

If you can't find an Electronic Arts folder in your Documents, check any cloud folders like OneDrive and such.

Message 4 of 8 (3,434 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thank you! This has helped me a lot. The custom content is finally in the game and working well

Message 5 of 8 (3,413 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Happy to help Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (3,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has not worked for me at all.

I have no Mod folder in my sims 4 folder in programs>Origin Games to start with. 

What do I do?

Message 7 of 8 (3,360 Views)

Champion (Retired)

That is because it is not there. Please read number 2 posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 8 (3,350 Views)