Re: I can run the game, because it said missing msvcp120.dll, but i do have on m

by EA_Barry

Original Post

I can run the game, because it said missing msvcp120.dll, but i do have on my PC

★★★★★ Novice

I can run the game, because it said missing msvcp120.dll, but i do have on my PC

Message 1 of 6 (6,556 Views)

Re: I can run the game, because it said missing msvcp120.dll, but i do have on m

Community Manager

Try running System File Checker: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Also, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ie/download/details.aspx?id=5555

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (6,546 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

idid install vc2013,can't run 2010

Message 3 of 6 (6,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

you can sometimes re-register "missing" .dlls by doing the following:

Start > Run > Type in "regsrv32  msvcp120.dll" (or regsrv64 if on 64-bit architecture) (without quotes of course, quotes present to notate inclusion of both phrases)

If ithe program finds it, it will ask you if you want to register the .dll file. Say yes at this point and give it a sec, then it should confirm that the /dll was registered and you shouldn't have any issues.

If the program does not find it, you will need to place it in the Windows or Windows\System32 folder (or equivalent folders for 64-bit architecture) then perform the above process once again. 

If it finds the .dll, but does not confirm that it was registered, or gives an error message, you may have bigger issues to deal with.

You can sometimes alternatively simply insert the .dll into the same folder as the executable file (.exe)

I would of course reccommend any steps outlined by the EA assistants first and foremost. This is just a quick fix that may help you now, and again down the road.

Message 4 of 6 (6,533 Views)

★★★ Novice

i tried the very same thing N0N0Panda did. i tried downloading the 2010 thing and it still said that it was missing that one file. then i tried the 2013 and now Origins crashes every time. i tried to repaired the files and that didn't do anything. i restarted my laptop. nothing. literally nothing is working. i'll hit play and it will start up for a couple seconds then stops all on it's own and i have more then enough room for it to run even with it's DLC. i tried everything. this is the second NFS game i got in less then a month only to have it not work for me.

Message 5 of 6 (3,402 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @LunaRoseWolfy,

These steps were advised in 2014. The game has been patched a number of times since. It might be best to open a new thread, outline what you're currently seeing and all of the steps you've tried so far to troubleshoot the issue. I'll close this thread in the meantime.

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 6 (3,389 Views)