I can log in to sims 3 launcher but won’t log in in main menu of game

by darkdrea

Original Post

I can log in to sims 3 launcher but won’t log in in main menu of game

★★★★ Novice

I’m having trouble with logging in. I can log in to the sims 3 launcher but once I get to main menu I’m not logged in and when I try it says the wrong password/account. It’s only started happening when one of my sims went invisible and when I tried the reset sim cheat and reset all sims cheat but it only caused him to get reset into a wall but still invisible. So now not only was he still invisible he was stick in a wall! And resetting sims again didn’t help him. so I quit out without saving but now I can’t even log into the game once in main menu. I have no mods as far as I know.

I tried to get rid of internet explorer cookies and cache and the cashe files from the sims 3 files but it didn’t work. I even did a reset of internet explorer. I’ve done all this and restarted my computer several times but it’s still not working either. Is it possible to play saved games without logging in to my account in game even though I’m logged in in launcher? I am so frustrated I want to cry!

Message 1 of 5 (528 Views)

Re: I can log in to sims 3 launcher but won’t log in in main menu of game

@darkdreaIt's never necessary to login, either at the launcher or the Main Menu, to play TS3.  Your saved games are stored on your computer, not online, and the only features you'd be missing are the chance to earn achievement badges and the in-game shopping experience.  I don't care for either of these, so I almost exclusively play offline.  Logging in also uses RAM that the game could benefit from keeping to itself, so it's better to stay offline if you're experiencing crashes or lag.

Having said all that, if you want to try logging in again, there are a couple of other steps you can take.  When you cleared IE's cache, did you also uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites?  If not, the browser could have preserved your login info instead of flushing it.  Also, what happens if you don't login at the launcher but only try at the Main Menu?  The launcher login is irrelevant unless you're about to upload content to the exchange.

The other thing you can do is drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  There's a file in the old folder that contains your login info (in Downloads), so perhaps getting that out of the way would solve the problem.  But a completely clean folder might also help your in-game issues (the ones that caused you to want to reset), as the deleting cache files from your game folder is a good troubleshooting step, and good practice in general.  Once you've loaded a new save, you can quit without saving and then move your existing saves and other content from your old game folder into your new one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (519 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I tried to play my saved games without logging on in the launcher but the game said that I was unable play because my expansion packs were not installed to my computer but when I logged in to launcher but not logged in inside the game it allowed me to play my saved files and just says I just can’t upload or use the exchange or store. Thanks for telling me that.
I’ll try your suggestion about the game folder and game files though and see if that finally allows me to log in to the game in the main menu because I would like to upload some stuff and fixes the issues I’m having.
Message 3 of 5 (511 Views)

@darkdrea  Just to be clear, you can use the store, and upload items to the exchange, while you're not actively playing.  In fact, buying from the store is more reliable when you do it through the store's website (store.thesims3.com) rather than in-game.  The item(s) will download into your launcher, and then you can install them from there.  The same principle applies to downloading through the exchange.  I believe you can also upload with only the launcher open, but in truth I've never uploaded anything, so I haven't seen how it's suppose to work.

It sounds like you're on patch 1.69 and therefore have an Origin-controlled install.  If some of your packs aren't showing in the launcher, or aren't checked off when you press play, you may not be able to load saved games that used those packs.  This is true whether or not you're logged into the launcher.  It's occasionally necessary to go through the list of packs and uncheck and recheck all of them, as sometimes the launcher doesn't "remember"  your previous selection.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (503 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @darkdrea,

The studio has been working on the log issues and we believe this issue has now been resolved.

Could you try logging again now?

If the issue remains, could you please send me a direct message with the following information:

• Login email used
  • IP Address
  • Date and approximate time range of login failure
  • Time Zone

PS! Please don't post your email/IP on the thread 

Thank you!

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 5 of 5 (453 Views)