Re: I bought my sims 3 game used, and I can't register my Serial Code?

by atatststatata

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I bought The Sims 3 Starter Pack and The Sims 3 Pets at a secondhand store. They told me to ask the store for the information when I'm pretty sure they don't have the information. It's a secondhand store. I'm disappointed that I can't play it at all because of the missing codes. One time use is dumb. Even in The Sims 2, If you uninstalled the game then you could still play it. I wish they would have stuck to that. It really does suck that the original games are about $20 a piece. I got the game at a trade store for a reason. Cheaper lol

Message 11 of 20 (3,080 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. They only want money. They didn't care about the planet, making us buying more and more plastic when the future is in recycling and reutilization. The girl who own this games before me was going to throw them away. Maybe buying them from this girl i'm going to love them and buy others from Origin this time. They are going to earn money anyways (EA, this is also publicity and is good for you, fools). But no. they just want the fast money and to collaborate with over-consumerism. I've been an EA customer since the very beginning, I owned every single Sims game since the firsts. Never again. You have lost a customer. 

Message 12 of 20 (2,930 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem.  I bought almost all of my EPs and SPs used (from Half Price Books) and cannot register any of them.  It sucks!  I have never had any trouble installing or playing them though.

Message 13 of 20 (2,922 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried clicking Select contact option and It wont giver me any.

Message 14 of 20 (2,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The advisor I talked to was really rude. 

Message 15 of 20 (2,081 Views)

@Player_k8u5ah2b  I'm sorry to hear that; customer support reps should try to be more, well, supportive.  Unfortunately though, the bottom line is that a used copy of Sims 3 can't be added to an account if the original owner already registered the code.  This is EA's longstanding policy, and there's no way around it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 20 (2,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried it they just told me to refund it..

Message 17 of 20 (1,860 Views)

@atatststatata  Is there something we can help you with?  If so, please create your own thread describing the problem; this one is quite old.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 20 (1,850 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict it is isnt it 2013 it dates from 😂
Message 19 of 20 (1,520 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @atatststatata, please pop open a new thread and add a bit more detail surrounding your issue. Standard smile I'll close this older thread out here. Thanks.
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 20 of 20 (1,491 Views)