Re: I bought my sims 3 game used, and I can't register my Serial Code?

by girandzim8

Original Post

I bought my sims 3 game used, and I can't register my Serial Code?

★★★ Newbie

So, I bought my Sims 3 disc used, from either amazon or ebay, and whenever I try to register my Serial code, it's say it's invalid. It let me download the launcher fine, but at the sims.com, it won't allow me. I know I can un-register the code, but only for the digital download version, which i can't get without registering my Serial code. Any way I can get it registered?

Message 1 of 20 (40,229 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Since this is a public forum we cannot help you since it would involve accessing your account which we cannot do.In order to solve your problem you will need to speak with at game advisor at EA Customer support: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Please accept solutions if they are correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you. This way you case will show as "Solved" thus helping others with the same problem.

Best regards,

Thisaint

Message 2 of 20 (40,076 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, i'll try it. Thank you.

Message 3 of 20 (40,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can't register a game that has already been registered (and chances are high that this is the case if you bought it second hand).

If it's the older version, you should still be able to play though, just not register.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (40,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought mine used and was told I would need to buy a new game in order to play, meaning the one I already bought is unusable. Because the game is installed through Origin it is not possible for the previous user to un-register the code and pass it on. They are one time use codes now. That's ridiculous. What irritated me even more was the Adviser I spoke to said "That's why they advise not buying used copies of this game". WHO IS 'THEY'?! And who were they 'advising' when they said that? It wasn't before someone had already bought a used copy, that's for sure.

I'm so disappointed because I love The Sims and this kind of thing discourages me from wanting to buy Sims products in the future.

Message 5 of 20 (35,736 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have all the sims games and i ordered my used copy because i did not have 30 pounds to purchase a copy from origin, i had problems with using that used copy so i didnt get any advice on it. so y advice is buying a new copy fro amazon for 17.99

Message 6 of 20 (35,545 Views)

★★ Novice

same for me mate they told me to get a refund from where I bought it and buy a new copy from them ..I said that i thought thay that was unfair trading and they said that it was all in the terms and conditions .Funny that you cannot read those terms unless you buy thye game and try to install it .Absolutely disgustinging  monopoly trading .If I can buy a car and resell it I should be able to resell a game and have the buyer able to play it . 

Message 7 of 20 (35,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie
For real I bought sims 3 plus pets game used talked to some person on chat they say take it back to the store and get refund are ask store for new cod how the hell is a used game store going to have the code ea should have the code just saying this is why I stopped getting on origin cause it's a waste I'm going to go back to steam any time I have problem they solve it shoot Microsoft works with you to solve the problem and if they can't they give you a refund
Message 8 of 20 (33,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You can't re-register used games, that's just how it works but isn't Pets plus the old version so you can play it without Origin ?

You just can't register it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 20 (33,839 Views)

★ Novice

IT SAID IT DOESN'T INSIST WAY IS THAT 

Devil 

Message 10 of 20 (31,889 Views)