Re: I bought Sims 3 through the humble bundle

by squeakymushroom

Original Post

Re: cannot redeem sims 3 code

★★ Novice

I have the same problem.

After barely being able to redeem the Sims 3 code from the Humble Bundle, I get the message that I should recieve my registration code through email. After the game is downloaded I cannot install it because it asks me for that registration code (NOT the redeem code, that worked) that I haven't got throught the email yet

What do I do Frown

Message 11 of 476 (2,016 Views)

★ Novice

same no serial key after i click install

Message 12 of 476 (5,465 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't received a 20 digit key either. Only the 16 digit key from humble bundle. I could add the game to Origin, but can't install it without a "registration key".

Message 13 of 476 (5,464 Views)

Re: cannot redeem sims 3 code

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same problem, successfully redeemed my code, told to download the game from my purchase history and it says I've not purchased anything. Tried using the key again and it says it has already been redeemed, but no game Confusedmileysad:

Message 14 of 476 (1,986 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. (16 digit key from HB, installer wants 20 digit key) The support guy said to contact them again in 3-4 hours and that it's a temporary problem. Weird...

Message 15 of 476 (5,408 Views)

★★ Novice

I replied to another post of the same topic, but I'm also having this issue. Very annoying, I want to play now!

Message 16 of 476 (5,401 Views)

★★ Novice

You guys need to follow the instructions... -.-
I got everything working perfectly following the first instructions.   However, once you "redeem code" for the base Sims 3 game - you will eventually get an e-mail giving you a 20 digit code for the game.  Hope this helps... impatient people >.> 

Message 17 of 476 (5,352 Views)

★★ Novice

The code it gave me already said it had been redeem elsewhere. So, there goes that....

Message 18 of 476 (5,294 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

tell me where you got an email with a 20 digit code i did not get one and this live chat has wait times longer than a **bleep**ing game of chess

Message 19 of 476 (5,190 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From the Sticky:

"Registering The Sims 3 game and Expansions/Stuff Packs to your Origin account

If you already own The Sims 3 or any of the Expansion/Stuff Packs, and wish to register them on your Origin account, please follow the steps below. Please note, these are 20 digit codes – if your code has 16 digits, it’s for bonus downloadable content. You can find instructions on how to register 16 digit codes in the next section of this article."

- codes for main game, which comes in with HB - 16 digits.

so my understanding in this problem is, EA failed to provide the Humble Team with Valid Install codes. Major Fail. What people are you hiring? srsly. not. ok. lucky that was a indeed very good deal. so if that gets fixed soon it's fine. kinda.

Message 20 of 476 (5,078 Views)