I am stuck with Windows 10 trying to get Sims 4 to run

by Blooduwedd

Original Post

I am stuck with Windows 10 trying to get Sims 4 to run

★★ Novice

I Cant seem to get Sims 4 to run on my computer. it keeps saying its already running. Please help. I have uninstalled it reinstalled it. Restarted my computer, I have done a registry sweep I have done everything. Please help. Thank you for your time. 

Message 1 of 2 (488 Views)

Re: I am stuck with Windows 10 trying to get Sims 4 to run

Hero (Retired)
@Blooduwedd

1. Make sure the game is in fact not running by checking the Task-Manager and looking at the processes. Try ctrl+alt+del open the task manager, then force close TS4.exe.

2. But this Origin message is sometimes misleading. Origin sends such or similar message when it has blocked access to the Documents folder.
Check if your firewall or Windows Defender isn't blocking Origin and game. Turn it off or add the game to exceptions.
You need to add two files of TS4 to exceptions. TS4 and TS4_x64
Path to these files My computer > Programs files (x86) > Origin games _ The Sims4 > game (search under the letter G because the subfolders are in alphabetical order) > Bin and Bin_LE
In the Bin and Bin_LE folders you will find TS4 and TS4_x64 files that you need to add to the exceptions.
Here's how to do it in Windows Defender
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security

3. There is option that the game is running on a different Windows User account. Switch to that and turn it.

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 2 (418 Views)