I am not able to buy the sims 4 on my laptop but when my dad tried it, it worked

by Maddyksf

Original Post

I am not able to buy the sims 4 on my laptop but when my dad tried it, it worked

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just graduated from 8th grade and I was allowed to buy the sims 4 as my gift. I can't get it on my laptop but my dad was able to. How can I fix this and get the game? Is there a way that I can transfer the game onto my laptop from his or do I need to buy it again, and how would I get the game anyway? I have tried all of the installment methods possible and none of them are working out for me.

Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

Re: I am not able to buy the sims 4 on my laptop but when my dad tried it, it wo

@Maddyksf  When you say your dad could buy the game, do you mean on his account, or on your account using a different computer, or what?  If you have the game on your account, you can download it onto as many computers as you want, for free.  If you want to add it to a second account, you'll need to buy it again.

I'm not sure how old you are (and best not to post that on a public forum), but there are certain restrictions on buying games through child accounts.  As far as I know, the only way to get a game onto a child account is to buy a physical copy, either a disc or a box with a product code inside, of that game at a store, and manually add that code to the Origin game library.  Teen accounts have fewer restrictions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (91 Views)