Re: I am having

by MandyLovesPink35

Original Post

★ Apprentice

there you go and now leave me alone about it 

Message 21 of 25 (408 Views)

@MandyLovesPink35  The driver for your Nvidia graphics card is over a decade old, and a component of the Nvidia Control Panel is crashing.  You can get the last driver released for your graphics card here:

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87987/en-us

Please read the instructions carefully before installing.

And again, I need to know whether you've ever installed Sims 3 on this computer before, and if so, how.  The service initialization error is most often caused by leftover registry entries from a previous install; the normal uninstall process does not remove these entries.  If you're not interested in providing this information, you can of course look into cleaning your computer's registry yourself, either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  But you'll want to leave the registry entries for the current install intact, or else uninstall the game, clean the registry, and reinstall.

As an example, you can find instructions for removing stray registry entries in this EA help article, under some spoilers:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

Again, please read the instructions carefully before deleting anything.

I probably won't have time to answer again until tomorrow, so if you're still stuck then, feel free to post back.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 25 (397 Views)

★ Apprentice

it load fine without my mods so whatever 

Message 23 of 25 (390 Views)

★ Apprentice

yes i was playing it all last week until i got this problem

Message 24 of 25 (386 Views)

★ Apprentice

and my driver are new so I dont need your help anymore