I am having problems downloading and installing the sims3 on windows.

by daonlyme

Original Post

I am having problems downloading and installing the sims3 on windows.

★★★ Newbie
  • Origin ID: daonlyme
  • Are you opted into the Origin Beta? Yes/No: Yes
  • OS X version:  Windows 7 Professional
  • Processor:Intel Core i3-3110m cpu @ 2.40GHz  Memory: 2.00GB (1.88GB free) and Graphics card information
  • Expansions you have/have active: I cant install the sims 3 (original) therefore i cant install any epansion packs.
  • Any error message received: An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. error: 262145:5. (i have been getting this error message since 7-7-13. (3 days so far)
  • A detailed description of what is occurring: When I insert the disk to install it, origin would let me log in, once origin loads it says Tongue outreparing install" (sometimes for hours) and the i would get the error message. The same happens when I try to download it without the cd.
  • A detailed description of any troubleshooting you have already attempted: I know it is not the cd because i went and exchanged it for a new one and I am still having the same problem. I am not sure of any other ways to fix this issue. Need immediate help please, and thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 2 (72 Views)

Re: I am having problems downloading and installing the sims3 on windows.

Community Manager

Have you already tried to download and install the game from within the Origin client?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 2 (69 Views)