Re: I accidentally moved my sims application to the trash and everything's messed up

by itsamootpoint

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I accidentally moved my sims application to the trash and everything's messed up

★★ Novice

I finally found it and i brought it out but everything wass messed up, there was the application and three folders named the sims 3...

I reloaded the game but it reset. I found a folder with all my saved content (my games, my downloaded stuff from the exchange as well as my custom content) also called the sims 3, but it doesn't register on the game. Also I can only find the application, not the uninstaller or the readme text that originally were there. The app loads, but i want to know if there is a way to have all my content restored if i have it all, i just need to know where to put it. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this and restore my content, PLEASE respond. I'm not a computer techie, I know close only enough to install cc, so try to put it simply. Thanks so much! Also, more importantly, the sims 3 site is not letting me on. I used google to search for it and i found a link ot the forum, but once i click log in it directs me to the "oops! we cannot process your request" message. The site is up but I can't get on it! I feel like it's connected. Help?

Message 1 of 6 (830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I accidentally moved my sims application to the trash and everything's messed up

Hero

Backup that folder with your savegames you found to an external disk.

Then I would reinstall the entire game.

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and after your computer is clean of the game, reinstall it. After you did that, put the folder you have backed up back and you should have everything you need.

You're welcome to post back if you have any troubles with the instructions but try to be specific where your problems are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (888 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Backup that folder with your savegames you found to an external disk.

Then I would reinstall the entire game.

Try uninstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall and after your computer is clean of the game, reinstall it. After you did that, put the folder you have backed up back and you should have everything you need.

You're welcome to post back if you have any troubles with the instructions but try to be specific where your problems are.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thank you so much! This helped so much.

Message 3 of 6 (823 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't delte some things because it says they're in use- how do I delte them, and what are they beng used by?

Message 4 of 6 (816 Views)

Hero

What files are those ? Is the launcher, the game and Origin closed ? You might need to restart your computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

okay, I delted everything an reinstalled the game. i'm just doing a WHOLE BUNCH of game updates now, but afterwards, I think it will be fine. Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 6 (805 Views)