I CAN'T OPEN THE GAME (SIMS 4)

by xBiaCoutinho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I CAN'T OPEN THE GAME (SIMS 4)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello. 

I've bought the Sims 4 in December and I've been playing ever since. However, the other day when I tried to open it, nothing happened. I tried it numerous times and still nothing. So I opened Origin hoping I would be able to open the game.

But I wasn't able to select the option "Play" or "Jogar" (in portuguese), (it was in a lighter color). Then a few days later the option "Update" appeared. However, once again, nothing happened when i selected that option.

I don't know what is wrong! I've made some research on the internet, and no one else seems to have the same problem. I really hope you have some sort of solution, because I am getting out of options... 

Help, please.

Message 1 of 21 (33,102 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I CAN'T OPEN THE GAME (SIMS 4)

★★★★★ Expert

@xBiaCountinho  remove any Custom Content / Mods.

Go in your Origin client, right clicking on icon Sims 4 and select Repair Game.

Go in Game Options and unchecked the "online" box. Hit apply changes. Then  rechecked the box and hit apply again.I hope this helps youConfusedmileyhappy:

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (39,439 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@xBiaCountinho  remove any Custom Content / Mods.

Go in your Origin client, right clicking on icon Sims 4 and select Repair Game.

Go in Game Options and unchecked the "online" box. Hit apply changes. Then  rechecked the box and hit apply again.I hope this helps youConfusedmileyhappy:

Greetings

@yahel_1

Spoiler

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system. ""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours.

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 21 (39,440 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks Helped me a lot 

Message 3 of 21 (32,682 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't have the option to repair the game

Message 4 of 21 (31,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me Too

Message 5 of 21 (28,953 Views)

Hero

Hi @roofrankie

Try deleting your Origin cache or repair the game by right clicking on the game on the Origin client

Then right-click on the base game in Origin again to see if you then have the repair option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (28,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have that same problem ever sence i have gotten cats & dogs (nov 12) i have not been able to play i click it and nothing happened i deleted all the Costom content nothing happen now im really mad cause that took an hour to do and its really the only reason i wanted a computer and I CANT PLAY  Frown

Message 7 of 21 (27,082 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@violet112

You are replying to a 2 year old thread. you should start your own thread where you tell exactly what happens and what error messages you get. But first remove all mods and CC if you have any and test without.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 21 (27,069 Views)

★ Novice
I feel you bro, but I dont have Cats And Dogs. I really don't understand!
Message 9 of 21 (26,919 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@fmm_de_joc
Do you also have this problem?

Message 10 of 21 (26,912 Views)