Original Post

Accepted Solution

Huge FPS Drops after Island Living

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, and SPs to date. (Up to Moschino stuff pack)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run the game on any graphic setting with more than 3 Sims on a lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Massive FPS spikes down to 5-10 FPS ever since Island Living and subsequent patches.
What do you expect to see? Performance to correspond with my machine's specs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patching my game up to Island Living and Moschino Stuff pack updates.

I apologise if this is a double post, I searched throughout the forums and couldn't find exactly this. My PC is not top-end but I built it specifically to exceed the recommended requirements of the Sims. Before Island Living patches, my game would run on 45-60 FPS on Ultra graphics settings. Ever since the last couple patches, I have been getting major performance issues with framerate - dropping down to 5-10 FPS at times. I have tried everything from game repair, removing all mods and CC, reinstalling/clean installing graphics drivers, disabling Origin in-game, disconnecting my computer from the internet, to completely reinstalling my game and have not been able to resolve the issue. I am getting FPS drops on all-low settings and Laptop mode as well. 

I saw a forum post about performance issues while being connected to the internet so I completely disconnected my computer from the internet and it did not resolve the issue.

My PC's specs:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2200g (4 CPUS, 3.5GHz), 8gb RAM

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 560 GDDR5, 4gb VRAM

Like I mentioned, I know my rig is getting to be outdated but it still exceeds The Sims and all EP's recommended requirements. 

Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Huge FPS Drops after Island Living

Hero (Retired)

@crapsickles Check to see if you have the latest Nahimic driver installed. Early Nahimic drivers caused issues. If that doesn't help try disabling Nahimic. Another thing to try is to run the game with only one monitor. I think dual monitor may be an driver video issue as it seems to get better with video drivers updates.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (516 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@crapsickles Moved this to tech for troubleshooting.

Did it get any better when you completely turned of the internet ?

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (574 Views)

★ Apprentice

Turning off my internet did not improve its performance. Lowering my graphics settings did not improve performance either.

I've attached my DxDiag. Like I said, I know my computer is not the best by any standard but prior to around the July patch I had no performance issues.

Thank you so much for sending to tech. Standard smile 

Message 3 of 6 (548 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@crapsickles

Check - using this AMD Driver Auto-Detect Tool - if all drivers for all your AMD Graphics Video devices are up to date.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-131

I don't work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (529 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crapsickles Check to see if you have the latest Nahimic driver installed. Early Nahimic drivers caused issues. If that doesn't help try disabling Nahimic. Another thing to try is to run the game with only one monitor. I think dual monitor may be an driver video issue as it seems to get better with video drivers updates.

Message 5 of 6 (517 Views)

★ Apprentice

Updating my audio driver helped - I am still not at the performance that it had before the patch, but it seemed to stabilize the FPS at around 30-40 - which is better than large framerate drops!
I will update this thread if I get further issues, but I accepted your post as a solution... thank you!!! Standard smile Standard smile 

Message 6 of 6 (506 Views)