Re: How well will these specs run Sims 4 and addons?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How well will these specs run Sims 4 and addons?

★ Novice

Hello. I currently have a gaming laptop that can easily run Sims 4 and all addons, however, I am a student and lugging a large, bulky g laptop is not it. My question is will a laptop with the following specs handle Sims 4 with the addons (all but Batuu and those EA microtransaction packs):

Intel i7-1165G7 2.8 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7GHz, quad core)

16gb RAM

512gb SSD + 32gb Intel Optane (not sure what that is lol)

Intel Iris XE graphics

I'm aware that a dedicated GPU would be ideal, but I want something as lightweight and sleek as possible - will Iris XE be enough!?

Thank you Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Ashleigh978  The i7-1165G7 is a very good processor and graphics chip for Sims 4 in the budget-laptop category.  Whether it's the right choice for you depends on your own budget and whether you think it's worth spending a premium to get a lightweight gaming laptop.

The graphics chip in the i7-1165G7 should be able to run all Sims 4 content together on high graphics settings, maybe ultra depending on your playstyle.  The slightly cheaper i5-1135G7 isn't all that much slower either—maybe the equivalent of turning down a couple settings to medium—so if you'd like to keep the price low, that's a good alternative to look into.

For reference, I see laptops with the i5 starting at $450 U.S. or £450, and a little higher than the equivalent in other countries, whereas lightweight gaming laptops are usually $1,200 or more.  The i7 can be anywhere in between.  Point is, if you're already considering spending over $1,200 or the equivalent for this particular model, I'd suggest looking at some only slightly heavier gaming laptops; some of them are as sleek and lightweight as anything else on the market that isn't a glorified tablet.  Below that price point, these Intel CPUs with G7 graphics are your best bet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (706 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

To be honest, any laptop can run The Sims 4 very well as long as it meets the minimum requirements listed in the forum. There is a point however where your laptop specs won't have an impact on the lag and glitches in the game. Even people with big beefy gaming PCs experience lag with the Sims 4!

Yes, dedicated graphics would be ideal (if you want to play games other than the sims). If your looking for something that's small, sleek, and has a dedicated graphics card, take a look at the Asus Zephyrus if it's in your budget. The Zephyrus has an NVIDIA 3050 Ti graphics card which is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than Intel XE. If you're just purely simming though, the XE shouldn't be too bad. 

TL;DR If that laptop is in your budget and you like the look of it, go for it! But you might want to look for something with an NVIDIA card if you want something a bit more powerful. I think Dell sells some work/school laptops that have incredible specs will not having that obnoxious gamer look too. 

Message 2 of 3 (730 Views)

@Ashleigh978  The i7-1165G7 is a very good processor and graphics chip for Sims 4 in the budget-laptop category.  Whether it's the right choice for you depends on your own budget and whether you think it's worth spending a premium to get a lightweight gaming laptop.

The graphics chip in the i7-1165G7 should be able to run all Sims 4 content together on high graphics settings, maybe ultra depending on your playstyle.  The slightly cheaper i5-1135G7 isn't all that much slower either—maybe the equivalent of turning down a couple settings to medium—so if you'd like to keep the price low, that's a good alternative to look into.

For reference, I see laptops with the i5 starting at $450 U.S. or £450, and a little higher than the equivalent in other countries, whereas lightweight gaming laptops are usually $1,200 or more.  The i7 can be anywhere in between.  Point is, if you're already considering spending over $1,200 or the equivalent for this particular model, I'd suggest looking at some only slightly heavier gaming laptops; some of them are as sleek and lightweight as anything else on the market that isn't a glorified tablet.  Below that price point, these Intel CPUs with G7 graphics are your best bet.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (707 Views)