Re: How to turn off Wonderland moodlet?

by Sunny_Rio

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@Sunny_Rio I used it a few times to fix the running bug where my Sims got stuck in a running walk-style (really annoying). There are comments on the MTS page for this mod where other players mention using it to fix various other stuck walk-styles as well.

The main thing I use this mod for is to set a preferred walk-style for my Sims. I like the slow casual walk animation vs the strident marching look of the fast walk animation my Sims would normally get when walking a long distance.

I don't have the Into the Future EP so I can't test on that specific walk-style but I will load my game later today & see if I can open the 2BTech menu options on an NPC.

Message 11 of 16 (571 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, never had mine run when they're walking.

I wasn't aware there was more than one walk.  I have Sims 4 also (although I prefer Sims 3) and that has many different walk styles.

The future EP is one of the best ones to get, it's a real game changer, just like seasons.

I haven't tried the mod in the non-future part of the world, as I don't want to go back in time incase I upset the future, where I've bought him 4 parrots.  Apparently pets can't time travel?

Message 12 of 16 (563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Sunny_Rio OK so I just checked and if I enable testingcheats I can open the 2BTech menu options on any NPC/townie Sim just by clicking on them (not shift+click). There are options to "clear walkstyles" (plus a lot of other things) but I don't know if it will work for the Into The Future EP. I was pretty sure I had done this before on various NPC/townies in my games but it's been several months since I've regularly played Sims 3 so I wanted to go back and check again.

The walk styles I am referring to are not like the ones in Sims 4 that can change with moods or are selected in CAS, I mean when your Sim walks slowly when routing to a short distance away vs walking fast when routing to a greater distance. I like the animation for the slow walk so I select that as the default for my Sims regardless of how far they are walking to. My most recent save was in Monte Vista so a slow, casual walk-style seems more appropriate for there anyway xD

Message 13 of 16 (541 Views)

@Sunny_Rio  You could try adding NRaas Traveler and setting it to allow pets to travel.  That might let your sim bring the parrots home.  But I haven't tried it, so  I don't know whether it works with future travel the way it does with World Adventures or University.  Click on City Hall and select NRaas > Traveler > Allowable Travelers.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 16 (527 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@RandomBuzziness wrote:

@Sunny_Rio OK so I just checked and if I enable testingcheats I can open the 2BTech menu options on any NPC/townie Sim just by clicking on them (not shift+click). There are options to "clear walkstyles" (plus a lot of other things) but I don't know if it will work for the Into The Future EP. I was pretty sure I had done this before on various NPC/townies in my games but it's been several months since I've regularly played Sims 3 so I wanted to go back and check again.

The walk styles I am referring to are not like the ones in Sims 4 that can change with moods or are selected in CAS, I mean when your Sim walks slowly when routing to a short distance away vs walking fast when routing to a greater distance. I like the animation for the slow walk so I select that as the default for my Sims regardless of how far they are walking to. My most recent save was in Monte Vista so a slow, casual walk-style seems more appropriate for there anyway xD

Oh those, yes I've seen my Sim walk home instead of running, I thought it was because he was tired after spending the afternoon fishing.  Sometimes if I want him home in a hurry, stopping the routing command and telling him to go home again seemed to change it into a run.

Don't you find making them walk instead of run takes too long?  Mind you, I banned traffic with the NRAAS traffic mod, so they had to cover long distances.

I just tried again, and yes the 2BTech menu appears on NPCs, but nothing takes effect.   Firstly, it won't accept a command if they're routing (which most Sims usually are!)  And even when I waited until one wasn't routing, the silly walk remained after I tried "clear", and set to "walk".

Message 15 of 16 (512 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Added NRAAS traveller, allowed anyone to travel (what was the point in prohibiting anything?), picked up parrots (in the Sims pockets?  Mind you they can carry whole cars....), travelled back in time and had the pets with me.  Bought them new perches and they're fine.

Message 16 of 16 (505 Views)