Re: How to turn off Wonderland moodlet?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to turn off Wonderland moodlet?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

In the future expansion pack, all the Sims walk funny.  Then my Sim one day spoke at length to a woman. Ever since, he's had the Wonderland moodlet, with no timer on it, and is walking like he belongs in Monty Python.  How do I make him walk normally again?

Message 1 of 16 (3,462 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Sunny_Rio  It's simple enough to get rid of a moodlet.  Bring up the cheats console (ctrl-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes.  Then crtl-click on the moodlet you want gone.  Be sure to disable the cheat (testingcheatsenabled false) when you're done.

Hopefully this will also reset the sim's walkstyle.  But if not, that can be harder to fix.  Let me know whether your sim is in the future or in his homeworld, and whether you use mods or are willing to install one at least temporarily.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (3,420 Views)

All Replies

@Sunny_Rio  It's simple enough to get rid of a moodlet.  Bring up the cheats console (ctrl-shift-C) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes.  Then crtl-click on the moodlet you want gone.  Be sure to disable the cheat (testingcheatsenabled false) when you're done.

Hopefully this will also reset the sim's walkstyle.  But if not, that can be harder to fix.  Let me know whether your sim is in the future or in his homeworld, and whether you use mods or are willing to install one at least temporarily.

Message 2 of 16 (3,421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, that worked!  He's now walking normally.  I didn't realise you could cancel moodlets that easily.

Message 3 of 16 (3,402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I don't suppose you know how I could stop it permanently for the unplayed Sims too (in the future)?  I'm happy to install a mod (already using quite a few in fact).

Message 4 of 16 (3,390 Views)

@Sunny_Rio  I don't know how to prevent the moodlet from appearing entirely, since I'm not sure what causes it.   To remove a moodlet from an unplayed sim, you can use NRaas MasterController; you'd also need the MC Cheats add-on.  Click on the affected sim and select NRaas > MasterController > Intermediate > Moodlets > Remove Moodlet, and select Wonderland from the list.  You could also run this on batches of sims by clicking on City Hall and selecting NRaas > MC > Sim > Intermediate etc. and choosing the sims you want.

If the moodlet is caused by being in the future or some other recurring state though, they'll just get it back.  There may be a way to disallow a specific moodlet entirely, but I'm not sure.  The best place to ask would be on the NRaas site, in Chatterbox; there are a number of players who are happy to answer questions on that site.

The mod that fixes a broken walkstyle is NRaas DebugEnabler, but that's only necessary if removing the moodlet doesn't do the trick.  (I guess it might help if the Wonderland moodlet is permanent, since the walkstyle might not be reapplied if the moodlet isn't also reapplied, but I haven't tried in a situation like that.)  On a sim, choose NRaas > DE > Options: Smartphone > Reset Walk.  You can also run the command via City Hall.  Be careful with some of the DE commands though: they're EA's built-in debug commands, and not all of them have been tested and proven safe for regular use.

Message 5 of 16 (3,381 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've installed Master Controller, MC cheats, and DE, but neither of the suggestions seems to take effect.  I spotted a woman walking past my house with the weird walk, removed her wonderland moodlet (which was successfull, because trying again it isn't there), and reset her walk, but she continued to prance about.  Worked fine on my own Sim though!

Message 6 of 16 (3,372 Views)

@Sunny_Rio  Then I'm not sure what would work, sorry.  It might have to do with their Future Sim hidden trait (not a good idea to remove it unless you plan on quitting without saving), it might respond to evicting the sims and moving them back in, it might only take clearing the cache and reloading... this isn't something I've experimented with at all.  At least your own sim is cooperating though.

You could still ask at NRaas—maybe someone there knows of another mod that would help.

Message 7 of 16 (3,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, I'll try NRAAS.  Found a similar conversation in there suggesting the same, I have asked why it didn't work for me!

https://www.nraas.net/community/chatterbox/topic3644 

Message 8 of 16 (3,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Sunny_Rio There is a mod I found at MTS called "Running Disease Hotfix" that has helped me clear other types of "stuck" walk-styles so you might want to look into that one.

Message 9 of 16 (3,322 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tried it, didn't work.  I couldn't get the menu to appear on a Sim which wasn't my own.  I don't think the every 20 minutes auto reset will be much use either, as it won't take long for one to get stoned again from social interaction.

What stuck styles were you getting?  All I've ever had is a Sim with a plate stuck to his hand that he was previously carrying.  He does all other activities pretending the plate isn't there.

Message 10 of 16 (3,308 Views)