How to restart sims 4

by lfloyd1104

Original Post

How to restart sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the sims 4 spa pack while i was on the game. It told me for it to install, i had to restart the game! And i dont know how to do that! Please help!

Message 1 of 20 (47,098 Views)

Re: How to restart sims 4

Community Manager (retired)

@lfloyd1104

Simply leave the game as you would normally, and launch it again. If you want you can even restart Origin to make sure to trigger the download of your Spa Pack. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 2 of 20 (47,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im having the same issue but it won't let me back in the game.

Message 3 of 20 (47,028 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@chloemarie1115

What is the issue you are encountering exactly? Please open your own thread and describe exactly any error message you might be seeing. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 4 of 20 (47,025 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disabled custom content and it told me that i had to restart my game, I tried but it wont let me back into the game, how do I do it without deleting my games?

Message 5 of 20 (46,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Horsom

You can't start the game after having removed the mods, or enabled them?

If you disabled them:

Remove them whole mods folder if you had mods. For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Then repair the game.

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Also go to C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ and delete the file localthumbnail.package

If you enabled them:

Spoiler

If you can't activate the game after enabling mods then you have some that are incomatible with the new update.

If you want to double check you can remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If you want to keep your mods, you can try some different things to sort out the ones not working:

• If your problem occurred after a certain mod haul, remove all these new mods (see if the game works), and then add back a few at a time, restarting the game in between until you see the problem occurring again. Remember that you can possible have several broken mods.
  • If the problem started after the latest patch/update, always make sure to update your mods when you update your game. Check this list out for some mods that were broken in the C&D-patch! A few others have been broken after but not so many that there is a list.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Download Sims 4 Studio and do batch-fixes for your cc.
  • Search for the Mod Conflict Detector on google and run it, see if it can detect some broken/conflicting mods, remove these and try your game again. (Only detects conflicts between mods, not between mods and the game)
  • Like the first "solution", but for all your mods. Remove all and put back some at a time to find broken ones (last resort if you have like 1000 mods).

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 20 (46,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I dont know how to install my custom content please help me!
Message 7 of 20 (44,822 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kate_walters

Please read the instructions where you got it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 20 (44,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Excuse me mam how do i restart sims 4 without deleting my folders?

Message 9 of 20 (44,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@kate_walters

You go to documents >electronic arts > sims 4 > mods and install them there .

Message 10 of 20 (44,342 Views)