by BeautyBot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to remove stuck moodlet now that the cheat has been disabled

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and packs and all stuff apart from Toddler
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can't. It is one of those random bugs that could previously be easily fixed with a cheat but no cannot.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is stuck with a confident moodlet (confident after successful interrogation).
What do you expect to see? This moodlet expiring as per normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is stuck with a confident moodlet (confident after successful interrogation). 

It currently means I cannot complete the Positivity Challenge because I can't be Happy
I have deleted my cache files.
I have repaired the game via Origin
I have restarted it multiple times
She has moved house
This is the sim I have put 100s of hours into so not using her is not an option
Now that the cheat that would have fixed this has been disabled please tell me how I can fix this

Message 1 of 11 (22,529 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to remove stuck moodlet now that the cheat has been disabled

Hero
Best thing to do is use TexiMexis Cheat Fix. You can enable the cheats with that again.

Since you don't seem opposed to mods, I would try that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (22,522 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Best thing to do is use TexiMexis Cheat Fix. You can enable the cheats with that again.

Since you don't seem opposed to mods, I would try that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (22,523 Views)

Hero

Hi @Polidori017

did you have any luck solving the issue with my suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (22,456 Views)

★ Novice

It did indeed work perfectly.

Apologies for the delay in my reply. I had to travel for work which is extra cruel when a new Sims pack has just come out.

Thank you so much and thank you for all the years of help you have provided.  You are a legend!

Message 4 of 11 (22,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

Do we have a fix for those who don't use mods??

Never used a mod in my life and I don't plan to start now just because EA decided to disable the cheat.

I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Thanks,

Message 5 of 11 (21,853 Views)

Hero
@ShelleAmanda Which moodlet do you have stuck ?

Sometimes they go away when you travel.

Best is to report the ones that get stuck in the bug forum, so the issues can be fixed.

Other than that, there's no solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (21,728 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi,

It was the flirty moodlet.  It sorted itself out eventually.

I tried everything from restarting the game, resetting the sims, travelling to other towns, clearing my cache (which I had only just done due to another bug) and repairing the game. 

Once I’d done everything besides deleting my save. I decided I would try the mod. 

I changed the game options to enable to mods and customs content, restarted my game. Thought I’d check it again before I added the Mod to the game. Low and behold the moodlet was gone. 4th time restart and it works. Like wtf! 😂

I get that EA have decided that some cheats/codes shouldn’t be available to us as players and for the most part they’re probably right, however that particular one seems a bit silly to disable.

Message 7 of 11 (21,725 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Still happening, and if you don't have the luxury of owning a gaming PC, EA doesn't care that you wasted $500 on a broken game. This issue is unfixable for PS4.

Message 8 of 11 (17,446 Views)

Hero
@BeautyBot which one do you have stuck ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (17,440 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm a PS4 player too and I now have the friend balance crashing moodlet stuck and it won't go away. My sims doesn't even have that lifestyle but she's constantly tense and nothing is working. I hate this so much! 

Message 10 of 11 (14,120 Views)