Re: How to reinstall Sims 3 without disc drive?

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

How to reinstall Sims 3 without disc drive?

★ Novice

The title says it all. I have already installed Sims with the disc but for several reasons uninstalled it and now when I wanted to reinstall it my disc drive is broken and Origin won't let me because the codes are already redeemed...

Message 1 of 4 (366 Views)

@vesilasik  You may have already registered your discs' codes, either in Origin or the Sims 3 store.  The store and Origin share information, so all you should need to do to access your game is sign into Origin with your account info.  Then you'll see your content in your game library, and you can redownload TS3 for free.

Before reinstalling, make sure to clean your computer's registry, either manually or with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner.  Otherwise, the leftover registry entries can prevent you from launching the game going forward.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3/

If you can't remember which account you used, you'll need to contact EA customer support to have someone look up your codes.  It would be helpful if you could provide photos of your discs, cases, and inserts (with the codes showing) to the support rep.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (356 Views)

★ Novice

I have only used my codes when installing from the disc and on Origin I have zero games in my library. I also have had only one Origin account.

Message 3 of 4 (353 Views)

@vesilasik  If you ever downloaded any store content, you'd have needed to register at least one game to get access.  But if you're sure that you've never used the codes, then the only thing to do is to contact EA support.

If you bought the discs used, it's also possible that the original owner registered them, in which case you'd unfortunately be out of luck.  EA doesn't allow codes to be shared or transferred between accounts.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (344 Views)