How to reinstall Sims 3 on another computer with no Origin account?!

by moomanhoho

Original Post

How to reinstall Sims 3 on another computer with no Origin account?!

★ Novice

Hej hej!! I'm having some major issues right now! I just recently found my old Sims 3 games (all discs, including base game and expansions all the way to "Into the Future," with all discs in pristine condition) and said, "huh, why not!" So in the process of reinstallation, I discovered that–silly eleven year old me–I had actually forgotten to even make an Origin account! I have a different account now, registered under my own email with my own credit card information, but I still have access to records proving I made every single purchase legitimately years ago. I'm trying to get in contact with EA to see what I can do, but is there anything I can do for now? Is reusing the single-use keys an option? Hope you're all staying healthy!

Message 1 of 2 (361 Views)

Re: How to reinstall Sims 3 on another computer with no Origin account?!

@moomanhoho  You could register your product keys in Origin now, if you wanted.  In fact, it's a good idea, at least as a backup if nothing else.  Open your Origin game library, click + Add a game in the upper right corner, and input each key.

If you'd prefer not to have to use Origin for Sims 3, you can instead install with just the discs, provided that your base game disc was manufactured before September 2012.  Simply decline the EA Download Manager's offer to manage the install process—it will try to "update" itself to Origin, in which case you'll be on an Origin-controlled install with no choice in the matter.  Install the base game, then run the Super Patch to manually patch it to 1.67 (the file under Cumulative Base Game Super Patcher).

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/175477/official-ea-download-link-for-the-sims-3-cumulati...

Install your packs, run the Super Patch again, and you should be fine.  However, if you do choose to use Origin, or end up with an Origin install anyway, don't run the Super Patch: it can break the install completely.  Origin installs are automatically on patch 1.69.

If you have more questions about the process, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (317 Views)