Re: How to make Sims 3 recognise graphics card?

by thekaratekitten

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Okay, she's set it to 60.

That's all then I guess Standard smile Thank you so much for your time and help. I really appreciate it Standard smile

Message 11 of 13 (409 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Hi there, I am having the exact same issue and it's driving me mental. Please help?

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1f15, Board: 1e211043, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvldumd.dll, Version: 31.0.15.1640, GUID: D7B71E3E-5C55-11CF-9B75-2E3E0EC2D235
Driver version: 1640
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Message 12 of 13 (199 Views)

@zwemmendemelk  You'll need to edit two files within the game's program files, likely in one of these locations:

Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin

First, open graphicscards.sgr (Notepad is fine).  Click crtl-F and search for 10de , which will bring you to these lines:

vendor "NVIDIA" 0x10b4 0x12d2 0x10de
card 0x0fd1 "GeForce GT 650M"
card 0x0fd2 "GeForce GT 640M"

Create a new line under the one that says Nvidia and copy and paste this:

card 0x1f15 "GeForce RTX 2060"

Make sure this line is indented like the ones below it; the lines in my file are one Tab in from the left.  Save, close the file, and open graphicsrules.sgr.  Search for 8800 , which will take you here:

elseif (match("${cardName}", "*8800*") or match("${cardName}", "*9500*") or match("${cardName}", [etc.]

Change the bolded 8800 to 2060 , but don't change or delete any of the other characters, not even the asterisks.  This will designate your card as uber-level, as it should be.

Finally, scroll to the top of the file and find this, 8-10 lines down:

if ($textureMemory == 0)
seti textureMemory 32
setb textureMemorySizeOK false

Change the 32 to a 1024 and put a # and a space in front of setb (and leave the other spaces on the left intact).  This will tell the game your graphics card has 1 GB VRAM instead of none.  It has more than that, but Sims 3 can only use 800 MB anyway.

Save, close the file, load the game, quit, and check deviceconfig again.  You should see a [Found: 1, Matched: 1] next to your graphics card's name, and a few lines down, the "texture memory" (VRAM) should read 1024 instead of 32.

If this doesn't work, please post the same section of the deviceconfig as you did this time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 13 (192 Views)