How to keep both saved files from 1 account on 2 computers?

by send2390

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to keep both saved files from 1 account on 2 computers?

★★★★ Novice
Sul sul simmers! I've read Some questions about playing on 2 computers, and found some answers. Just one more thing, I'm really seeking for an answer because lately I've been playing with my laptop hp spectre 360, and it gets very hot (it's not laggy though) that I'm worried that it might crash if I keep playing it on my laptop, so I wish to move my gameplay to the pc (synced).does anybody knows what will happen if two computers with the same account but different saved files are being synced? (Currently using OneDrive as my cloud but haven't synced them yet lately) Will it merge? If it does merge, which files are gonna be on top of which? Do I have to change the saved files name first? I'm worried that my currently played sims on laptop will get merged and be overwrited with the one on my pc, so I keep pausing my OneDrive until I get my answers. So, please? Anyone? Appreciate it
Sorry about the long question! Thank you in advance, and have a nice day 🌞
Message 1 of 3 (340 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How to keep both saved files from 1 account on 2 computers?

I would suggest testing it. Make a back up of your current files:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Then move them to the desktop, delete the one in Documents and start the game. This will create a new folder. 

Do the same on your other computer and let it sync, see what happens...

For the heat of your laptop you can buy a fan that will cool it. It's always a good thing not to place laptops on fabric or other materials that can block the airflow. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

All Replies

I would suggest testing it. Make a back up of your current files:
https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/

Then move them to the desktop, delete the one in Documents and start the game. This will create a new folder. 

Do the same on your other computer and let it sync, see what happens...

For the heat of your laptop you can buy a fan that will cool it. It's always a good thing not to place laptops on fabric or other materials that can block the airflow. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi Phantomlover1717 Thank you for your reply, I guess that link you've shared really hits the spot to my next questions of which files should be backed up Party hat

And I've used cooling pad to cool down the temperature, thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (318 Views)