Re: How to get story mode for all new households?

by zensluv4real

Original Post

How to get story mode for all new households?

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
I want to talk about something you don't mention above:
How accessible is the current experience? It's overall fine
Summarize what in the product is difficult to use. I liked the idea of the new story mode. I started one household with the story mode questions and have been playing for a few days. I wanted to start another household using the story mode method but the game isn't giving me the option anymore and taking me straight to the normal CAS.
How is this making it more difficult? I want more story mode households!!!
How can we reproduce this experience? Start one household with story mode, then try to start a new household and see if story mode is an option or not.

I liked the idea of the new story mode. I started one household with the story mode questions and have been playing for a few days. I wanted to start another household using the story mode method but the game isn't giving me the option anymore and taking me straight to the normal CAS.  Please tell me how I can create new households with story modes in the same game file (I like them to interact with each other)

Thank you!!

Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (4,313 Views)

Betreff: How to get story mode for all new households?

@medicinewomanllc 

I moved your thread to the Sims 4 section.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 6 (4,291 Views)

Hero

In an existing save it works a bit different.

You should be able to just click on the + sign and create a story Sim from there (see picture)

Unbenannt.JPG

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (4,276 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict What she is saying is that she is NOT getting that option. I do not get that option either. To recreate: in an existing game you've alreayd saved, find an available lot, choose to create new sim to move in. It will take you to CAS. There is option to add a family member, but there is no option to do a story mode.
Message 4 of 6 (4,208 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@zensluv4real 

Click on the plus and select Add Sim via a Story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 6 (4,201 Views)

Hero
@zensluv4real Did you try repairing your game yet ?

This thread was made when the story mode first came out and the OP never came back to confirm either way if that solved their issue. When you start a new game, story mode is triggered automatically, if you use an existing game, you need to add it that way. Only OP knows what their actual issue was.

If you don't have that button, it's best to repair the game and if you're using mods/cc, make sure that's updated to the newest version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (4,180 Views)