Re: How to get creators name on Sims from TS4 CAS Demo, how to take pictures

by Gramcrackrs

Original Post

How to get creators name on Sims from TS4 CAS Demo, how to take pictures

★★ Apprentice

Can't get my name in the 'by' place under the created Sims  so all my created Sims say 'by you'.  How do I change that?

How do I take a picture of the created Sim(s)?

How do I use one of the TS4 created Sims for an avatar?

Where do the downloads go? How does one download a Sim from the demo or the library or where ever?

And, why aren't there any of my created Sims in my Library in the Demo?  I've saved them. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

To take a picture in the Sims 3, use one of your Sims phones. It will not save though, as it will stay in the game. To take a screenshot of the game, press C or click print screen, go to a photo editing program like Paint, and click paste.

Message 2 of 9 (1,027 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you.  I'm trying to get pictures(snapshots, screenshots) of some Sims I've created in the TS4 CAS Demo. Was hoping I could get them with something other than Paint cause I have trouble with than program working for me.

Message 3 of 9 (1,019 Views)

Hero

@Gramcrackrs wrote:

Can't get my name in the 'by' place under the created Sims  so all my created Sims say 'by you'.  How do I change that?

How do I take a picture of the created Sim(s)?

How do I use one of the TS4 created Sims for an avatar?

Where do the downloads go? How does one download a Sim from the demo or the library or where ever?

And, why aren't there any of my created Sims in my Library in the Demo?  I've saved them. 

• That's what it says for all my creations too. I would post that in the feedback thread in the Sims 4 Forum on the officials if you don't like it
  • If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can use the snipping tool. It's really easy to use to make a first picture. You can then edit some more in whatever program. The Screenshot function des not seem to be in place yet
  • You will need to use a third party program to replace the thumbnail of a random Sim: Google change custom avatar picture sims 3 for instructions. 
  • If you save them to your library they are in the following folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4casdemo\tray
  • Are they in the community ? Did you maybe just share them by clicking on the cloud or also save by clicking on the disc symbol ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,017 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, thanks for answereing.  When I went back into the Demo to take screenshot, there were Simsin My Library.  But not only the Sim's  I've made but some other ones also.  Wierd.   I was able to get some good cuttings of a few of my sims and am going to try to get them as an avatar at Sims Creators Consortium where I've seen other's have the TS4 Sims as their avatars.   

I still don't know how to get a hash tag with the TS4 Sims but maybe that isn't important.     After I posted this morning I did get the thought that maybe maybe everyone had the 'by you' under their created Sims.  Now I know that that's the way it is I'm fine with it. 

Thanks Crinrict for all you do ( and put up with) to Help.  Really appreciate it.

Message 5 of 9 (1,013 Views)

Hero

Hashtags are something you can add to your description. Say you make a snobby sims you could add #snob to your description and then other people can search the community for snob and will find your Sim.

There are a few maxis sims that will probably come with the game that are in the library as well. You can't delete those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,011 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the By You lets you know thats your sim you created i think it makes it easier to see your own sims when looking through the gallery  but if i look at crins sims it says By crinrict

Message 7 of 9 (1,007 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you rumbutter.   Last time I looked at the gallery there were almost 20,000 Sims posted so search will be the obvious way to find a friends creation.  Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 9 (996 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gramcrackrs wrote:

Thank you rumbutter.   Last time I looked at the gallery there were almost 20,000 Sims posted so search will be the obvious way to find a friends creation.  Happy Simming!

cheers to you Gramcrackrs and happy simming Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (992 Views)