Re: How to find out which game codes have been used?

by xEnjoyTheMoment

Original Post

How to find out which game codes have been used?

★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

I accidentally purchased some sims 4 bundles twice last year so I started giving them away. Now I am left with four game codes and I don't remember anymore which ones of them are the used vs unused ones. Is there any way to find out? I would really like to give the other ones away to people who are interested! I just don't know which ones those are...

Message 1 of 8 (539 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If they try to register one that is in use Origin will give an error to that effect so just try.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (514 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I know that, but I wanted to host a giveaway so I need to know which keys are active before I give them to people. Thanks though.
Message 3 of 8 (505 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xEnjoyTheMoment  The Origin model is similar the the popular Valve Steam model. If you bought just the code that vendor may retain the code in their purchase history. Once a game is activated is Steam most activation codes are not retained. But that wouldn't help you to know if the code is used or not. User accounts can not be accessed in these forums. You need to contact EA customer service - link - EA customer service about this issue.

Message 4 of 8 (489 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So EA said that there's no way even for them to check whether or not a game code had been redeemed or not, which is unfortunate and honestly quite hard to believe but I guess I'll have to figure out some other way to do this. Thanks for your help and input!

Message 5 of 8 (439 Views)

Hero
Maybe just give out one at the time. Have them try it, if it works, good, if not, give them another one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (429 Views)

★★ Pro

If you have the game codes on hand, you can maybe find which one(s) are in use by going to your Games Library > Sims 4 > Right-click and select Game Properties. Compare the one shown to the others you have on hand.

If that doesn't help, go with what Crinrict suggested - Give one out at a time and if it doesn't work, try another.

Message 7 of 8 (420 Views)

Hero
True, Origin should give you the actual key that was used

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (417 Views)