Re: How to change source/library?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

How to change source/library?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My daughter wanted to share/download some files for Sims 4 via her Dropbox,  but for some reason she also managed to make a copy in Dropbox of some - but only some - of the files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. Now Sims 4 suddenly loads from Dropbox so that everything she ever built has disappeared. But the original files are still in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4, so how do we get Sims 4 to load from that library again instead of loading from Dropbox? I really hope you can help!

Message 1 of 4 (425 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PoulDue 

Move the files back to where they came from.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We now did. But SIMS 4 still reacts like it is the very first time we play the game. There is no 'load game' button - even though we can see that all downloaded and old game files in the save and mod folders exist. So what can we do?

Message 3 of 4 (373 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PoulDue 

Disable Dropbox and Repair the game. In Origin rightclick the game and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (357 Views)