Re: How to Uninstall Owned Packs

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How to Uninstall Owned Packs

★★★ Novice

Hi, so I own 4 EP, 3 GP, and 2 SP, but I would like to uninstall the ones I don't use/don't like to save storage on my pc. I have already tried to install the game but cancel the installation of the unwanted packs, but as soon as I enter the start screen, I get a notification that its installing the missing packs in the background. I don't want to disable the packs as it would keep the pack files I'm assuming. Would deleting the pack files from (C: ) / Program Files (x86) / Origin Game / The Sims 4  work?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 7 (701 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, so I have come to a conclusion that its not possible to uninstall certain packs. Disabling the packs is not an option, being that my main concern is storage on my pc, and disabling the packs does not delete the files. For now, I will use my second EA account, which has only the base game (from when it was free)

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (630 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
  • You can not uninstall the packs, but using the website from this video, it will allow you to disable any packs of your choice, I use this and it’s really handy! 😊

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3mMf-HtIs

Message 2 of 7 (685 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Millgaming1472 As I said above, I do not want to disable the packs, since my main concern is storage on my pc, and disabling the packs doesn't delete the files. But thank you for the advice.
Message 3 of 7 (674 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Message 4 of 7 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, so I have come to a conclusion that its not possible to uninstall certain packs. Disabling the packs is not an option, being that my main concern is storage on my pc, and disabling the packs does not delete the files. For now, I will use my second EA account, which has only the base game (from when it was free)

Message 5 of 7 (631 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_AtaashiTuxPaintSenior You can go into origin settings, and turn of installing while in game, or turn origin off ingame completely, this will result in the packs not downloading, as long as you have paused/cancelled the download when reinstalling sims.
Message 6 of 7 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@TuxPaintSenior Likely the easiest thing to do would be to uninstall the entire game then install the base game and only the packs you want. This won't effect your save games.

Although, if you used build/buy mode objects in a save that you don't re-install, you'll get an error message of "objects removed" or similar the first time you load it up. Once you re-save it'll go away.

Message 7 of 7 (576 Views)