Re: How to I download my expansion pack again on my new conputer

by lozsar2

Original Post

How to I download my expansion pack again on my new conputer

★ Novice

Hi, 

So quite a while ago I bought the cats and dogs expansion pack and downloaded it to my computer. I played with it and it worked out for a while. Then I stopped playing sims 4 for a while. I recently got a new computer and wanted to redownload all of my packs back onto my new computer. I downloaded sims 4 and my other stuff packs but when it came to redownloading the expansion pack, it said the code was invalid. I tried to look up online what to do and a lot of people were saying that you can only use the product code once which I think is unfair. 

Is is there another way I can get my expansion pack back or do I have to buy it again?

Message 1 of 7 (2,643 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lozsar2

The code expires when you register the game for the first time since that moment, instead of the code, you have an account and there is a game.

If you have already downloaded the game, you must have an open Origin. Go to Origin / Library right click on TS4 and select the option "show details"
Next, on the new page, search for add-ons. Right click on Cats and Dogs and install it

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (2,621 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi thanks for the tip! I tried doing that and it didn’t work so then I tried putting the code in again and it says it’s already downloaded however I don’t know where to find the game. I can send you a picture of my screen if that’s easier. But basically the code went in and it wanted to confirm that the account was mine then I said confirm and it said the product code had already been redeemed. Any suggestions?

Edited to remove screenshot.  It's best not to share account information in "public."  -puzzlezaddict

Message 3 of 7 (2,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@lozsar2 

I wrote above. If the code has been used one time, it will never work anymore. Instead of code, you have since this moment your account on Origin, where is game waiting for you to download.

So your game in on your Origin account.
Open Origin,
Next, open My Library. You will see The Sims 4.
Right, click on TS4 and you will see options.
Select the option "show details" and click it.

You will see 5 different sections at the bottom of the page. Choose 3 from the left and click it.

This should show you all the packs you have bought from EA. Choose Cats and Dogs. Click it and download

If there will be no option "download" clean your Origin cache

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 4 of 7 (2,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similiar issue, but was unable to access my content by use of the suggested solutions. I just purchased a new mac, and downloaded origin. The base game started installing right away, and once this was finished, nothing happened. I thought maybe my expansions (and I have purchased every single one) had been downloaded as well, so I started playing. Once the game was open I got a message informing me that all material was not yet downloaded and that I could press ctrl + 1 to see in origin what was downloading. But there is nothing downloading in origin. 

When I go to my game library, and click on more, all purchased expansions are listed as purchased, and I have the options of "download" and "purchase as a gift". Obviously I have pressed download on every single game.. but nothing happens. I have tried to uninstall origin both the hard way and the easy way, but nothing will trigger a download, its the same all over again that the "download" button is available but nothing will happen. I have also tried re-installing sims 4 base game, and I have tried both updating and repairing the game, but this does not change anything. 

In the game, all icons of the games are colored and not grey. But when i go to CAS for example, I only have the base game content. When I go to expansions, I am informed that the content is unavailable for all expansion packs. 

Please help me!!! I cannot even purchase the games again, as they are all listed as purchased, and i do not know what to do. None of the expansions will download, so i only have the base game. I have tried contacting EA, but when content is lost, there is no contact option. I have listed it as a bug, but I am informed that they wont send me personally a reply, they will only read and note. But that wont help me. 

Message 5 of 7 (2,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MamaSob Just to be clear, all my expansions are purchased through origin.
Message 6 of 7 (2,175 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MamaSob I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as it is quite old.

If having an issue then please create a new thread with as much info as possible and we will do what we can to assist.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,164 Views)