How to Get my User game files back The Sims 4

by OddChild707

Original Post

How to Get my User game files back The Sims 4

★★ Novice

Hello, 

Soooooooo I deleted all my User game files in the documents folder for the Sims 4 and emptied the recycle bin after not knowing that it would cause my game not to launch. I deleted the files because I thought it would've fixed the problems I was dealing with when the base game update came out at the beginning of November but it didn't, every time I click on the shortcut for the game it just sends me to origin. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, cleaned my Origin cache properly (had help by the step-by-step on EA help and live chat), and I cleaned and safe booted my laptop but the game just won't open. Legitimately any help would be appreciated Frown

Message 1 of 8 (519 Views)

Re: How to Get my User game files back The Sims 4

@OddChild707  Once you've emptied the recycle bin, your content is gone.  Even a data recovery app may not be able to restore everything, and those can be expensive.

Try forcing the game to launch in windowed mode.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, enter -w (with the hyphen) in the command line box, and save.  Then try to play.

If that doesn't help, please try the other steps listed in the first post of this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-doesn-t-start-No-Error-Message-Pa...

if none of them help, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (510 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's the Dxdiag file, all the other options didn't work because I uninstalled my Anti-virus software a few days ago while I was on a live chat with EA.

Message 3 of 8 (504 Views)

@OddChild707  Please try doing a clean uninstall and reinstall of Origin:

• Quit Origin, then right-click on the Task Bar and open the Task Manager.  Scroll through looking for Origin entries.  If you find any, click on them and End Task.
  • Clear Origin's cache.
  • Download Revo Uninstaller (the free version is fine) from here.
  • Launch Revo, select Origin from the list, and click Uninstall.
  • When it finishes uninstalling, select "Moderate" under "scanning modes," and click Scan.
  • If Revo finds any remaining registry entries, select all, delete, and click Next.
  • Revo will display "Remaining Data and Folders.  Select all of them except for the "Origin Games" folder, if it appears.  (This is where Sims 4 and other Origin games are installed by default.)  Delete the rest.
  • Close Revo, and restart your computer.

Next, download the full Origin installer and run it.  Here's the direct download link:

http://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

Be sure to run both the installer and Origin itself as an admin: right-click on each and select "Run as Administrator."

If this doesn't help, please look for relevant entries in the Reliability Monitor.  Hit Windows key-R and enter "perfmon /rel" without quotes.  You'll see a list of errors and updates, with a column for each day.  (Today is all the way on the right.)

For any errors that mention Origin or Sims 4 reinstall Origin, click "View technical details," then copy the information and paste it into a reply here.  Sometimes the Reliability Monitor doesn't update right away, so if you don't see any related errors, be sure to check back an hour or two.  The timestamp on the initial chart can also be off by up to an hour, so that's not an entirely reliable metric, but the one within the technical details should be accurate.

Message 4 of 8 (465 Views)

★★ Novice

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Origin\Origin.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Origin.exe
Application Version: 10.5.89.45622
Application Timestamp: 5fbbf5d4
Hang Signature: 11cc
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 11cce903406cbe58e43aac51dab56521
Additional Hang Signature 2: a21b
Additional Hang Signature 3: a21ba26b43855dff55f664de9855115f
Additional Hang Signature 4: 11cc
Additional Hang Signature 5: 11cce903406cbe58e43aac51dab56521
Additional Hang Signature 6: a21b
Additional Hang Signature 7: a21ba26b43855dff55f664de9855115f

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 50 

Message 5 of 8 (460 Views)

@OddChild707  That particular error is most often related to a graphics driver.  So if possible, it would be a good idea to update or reinstall the driver.  I'm not sure whether that's possible though—I'm not seeing a driver for your graphics card on any trustworthy site.  (I can do a more thorough search if necessary, but there might not be one available.)  To check if HP offers one, please go here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

Enter your laptop's serial number, choose your operating system if necessary, and you'll land on the driver download page for your laptop.  Please link it here.  The page doesn't have any information about your own computer, just the model.

Additionally, do you have a way to install the 64-bit version of Windows 7?  Your laptop has 6 GB RAM but can only use 4 because you're running the 32-bit version.  If you were able to install the 64-bit version, you'd get better performance overall.  However, upgrading to Windows 10 might not be a good idea, since there might not be Windows 10 drivers for some of the components of your laptop.

Message 6 of 8 (455 Views)

★★ Novice

I can try downloading a 64-bit windows driver onto here but I don't know if it'll work, I couldn't find a 34-bit on the HP website that would work for my operating systems.

link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-g6-1d00-notebook-pc-series/5186811/mode...

Message 7 of 8 (449 Views)

@OddChild707  A 64-bit driver would likely not work, and probably wouldn't even install.  You could try the automated tool offered on the same page: let HP offer you a suitable driver.  It might still be best to install a 64-bit version of Windows 7, Service Pack 1 though, that is if you can.  That would make things a lot simpler.

Message 8 of 8 (432 Views)