Re: How long should Sims mourn?

by Skyfri_Himmel

Original Post

How long should Sims mourn?

★★★★★ Novice

My Founding Sim passed away and it's weeks and weeks later, and her daughter won't stop mourning her. I don't want to release her spirit to the Netherworld so I can keep her urn as a memorial on the lot.  In fact, the problem Sim loves to stop halfway through cooking a meal (I told her to do it)  to run outside and have a good cry (she did that autonomously) and then forget that she was cooking at all.  Will they mourn indefinitely so long as the urn is on the property? Or was she supposed to stop eventually?

Message 1 of 8 (15,569 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My sims does it too, even though she never even met the one she is mourning. This happens about twice a day, even though i have released the spirit to the neatherworld (?). And you do actually still have the urn/gravestone when you do that.

It is pretty annoying because my sims become sad all the time.

I think they should only mourn for a couple of days and then the option to mourn should only be a player command and not something they can choose for themselves.

Message 2 of 8 (15,287 Views)

From what I read this problem should be solved:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BUG-Mourning-while-Cooking-is-OTT/m-p/4302095#M8177

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 8 (15,275 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

well apparently it isn't solved since it still happens to my sims. And it is not only when they are cooking but also during anything else that happens during the day.

Message 4 of 8 (15,264 Views)

★ Novice

If you press (control + shift + C) and type in testingCheatsenabled true you will be able to delete the morning emotion. Then do ( control + shift) and click on the mourning mood.

Message 5 of 8 (14,410 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@benalae

You should realize that you answered a 3 year old thread, It is highly unlikely the poster still have this problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 8 (14,407 Views)

★★★ Novice

The thread is old, but the problem still exists.  It also helps people who have been looking for fixes--like me!-- when we do a search Standard smile

Message 7 of 8 (14,037 Views)

Hero
Tbh, this issue has gone through many stages. There have been bugs that have been fixed and then there were new bugs and currently we have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another-si...

So yeah, I'm going to lock this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (14,027 Views)