How long does the sims 4 take to download??

by ssparkes2

Original Post

Re: How long does the sims 4 take to download??

★★★ Newbie
With a download speed of 251.02 kb/sec I'm not surprised it took so long, mine is only 543kb/sec and will also take a long time. There's not much to do but sit and wait.
Message 21 of 54 (8,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It took so long for me. I got this new laptop and it took me two days to figure out how to install it. They need to be more discriptive to log into Orgin. Finally today Sims 4 installed. It took 6 hours. I had to keep my laptop on just to download it. But it was worth it I played Sims 4 from 6-11o clock. I love the game but the downloading and installing is just RIDICULOUS!
Message 22 of 54 (8,079 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

it can take from 1 hour up to 2 and a half hours! i know SOO LONG, NO SIMS!!!!

Message 23 of 54 (7,962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ive had exactly the same issue. I had the product purchased in a shop ie disc for my daughter to download. I am in hospital with another daughter and believed the 14 year old could have a treat and with a disc this would be an easy process..... HOW WRONG. I have now spent hours trying to do this at home  after she told me in tears that it was really hard. I did not want my families time wasted like this. I am now trying to download from Origin.

Message 24 of 54 (7,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie
why does it take so long to load?
Message 25 of 54 (7,720 Views)

★★★ Expert

There are many factors which can affect download speeds. The speed of your connection, the quality of your connection, how busy EA servers are at the time, how many other customers of your ISP are using the internet at that time, Whether you use a router or not, what other people in your house are or are not doing online at the time, what you are doing online besides downloading the game and, what is going on with every hop your connection takes form your computer to EA's servers - there can be as many as 30 hops.

Message 26 of 54 (7,716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah it was totally worth the wait tie Standard smile

Message 27 of 54 (7,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have with out success been trying for 4 days. I once loved this game. I am so disappointed. Walmart would not refund it due to copyright infringements. I will probably not buy anymore of the Sims or expansion packs. Unless it went back to disks. So DISAPPOINTED
Message 28 of 54 (7,533 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My speed is tops 4mb, how long do you think it will take? Disappointed

Message 29 of 54 (7,515 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Is it normal that origin downloads over and over
Message 30 of 54 (7,456 Views)