How long does the sims 4 take to download??

by ssparkes2

Original Post

How long does the sims 4 take to download??

★★★ Newbie

Seriously, how long does it take to download the sims 4 from disc onto a pc?? It would be great to recieve some help soon!!

Message 1 of 54 (125,983 Views)

Re: How long does the sims 4 take to download??

Champion (Retired)

Hello,

The main portion of the download is through Origin rather than from the disc, and the file needing to be downloaded is about 8GB. The amount of time it takes is dependent on the bandwidth or the download speed from your internet provider. This is either measured in Mbps or MB/s, and can be found out from your internet provider or using a website such as speedtest.net.

For example, 16Mbps speed would mean the file takes about 1 hour - 2 hours to download. 8Mbps speed would take about 2 - 3 hours to download.

I hope this helps and keep simming,

Cody

Message 2 of 54 (125,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I was having the same trouble! I completely deleted everything uninstalled origin and reinstalled it! It said it was updating origin with the latest updates! Then went to install it and it said copying instead of downloading! It still seems to be taken forever like but if it says copying your copying from the disc whereas if your downloading your downloading from the origin site
Message 3 of 54 (121,783 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its taken me almost 13 hours to download the entire game with a download speed of 251.02 kb/sec ! I find it rediculess that the company even put out the discs if you still have to download it all online. They lied to the box saying you just need internet for activation! If i was told i would have to download it all i would have rather bought an online code for the game! That is such a waste and the company should think about the people that dont have internet access… if i would buy this game for my teenage cousin she would have been so unhappy when she couldn't install from the discs.
Message 4 of 54 (116,804 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the exact same problem but wht i did was reset my computer and then tried to retry downloading it did not ask for the code what i was relived about!

so really all you need to do is reset your computer and i have got 50% copied in about 10 minuets

hope i helped Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 5 of 54 (114,566 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Reset as in Restart?

Message 6 of 54 (114,472 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks
Message 7 of 54 (113,055 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Message 8 of 54 (112,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine is taking 12-13 hours but I think it's worth it…
Message 9 of 54 (112,944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It took 3 hours Ikr!! But it was worth it
Message 10 of 54 (112,923 Views)