How long does it take to finalize repair in origin

by domokeudesu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How long does it take to finalize repair in origin

★★ Novice
For a couple of hours I've been having issues with neither the sims 4 game nor origin opening up... I finally resolved the issue with origin by clean-booting my computer but now sims 4 still won't open. I decided to repair the game before realizing that I should have removed my cc's, and it's been stuck on finalizing for a few hours. How long will this take or should I delete origin and try again this time with removed cc?
Message 1 of 10 (25,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How long does it take to finalize repair in origin

Hero

Hi @domokeudesu

shouldn't take hours.

I would try restarting your computer, then check if the repairing went through and if not, reinstall Origin and then try repair again.

And yes, definitively remove your cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (32,102 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @domokeudesu

shouldn't take hours.

I would try restarting your computer, then check if the repairing went through and if not, reinstall Origin and then try repair again.

And yes, definitively remove your cc

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (32,103 Views)

★ Apprentice
I never removed cc when repairing game and it was still quick.

Should I still remove the mods for now on?
I didn't know to do this
Message 3 of 10 (25,308 Views)

Hero

You don't need to remove them to repair but if you have issues you need to remove them to make sure the issues are not caused by them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (25,302 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks, I'd realized that it wasn't gonna stop so I went out on a whim and chanced restarting cause I wasn't sure and sure enough it started working! I added all of my cc's back after it was working properly. But thanks for your reply Standard smile it was exact
Message 5 of 10 (25,292 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear you got it working :D

Thank you for accepting a solution.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (25,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i tried to restart a few times, how long will this take
Message 7 of 10 (17,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@OceanClouds
With a good processor and a new speed disk, the fixing the game with all packs lasts for about 10 minutes. Repairing a game placed on an old type of slow disk can last up to two times as much. The speed depends on the quality of the computer. Restarting in the middle of repair is not a good idea. The repair will start once more from the beginning.
I don't work for EA

Message 8 of 10 (17,386 Views)

★★★ Novice

A repair should not take very long at all. If yours is taking that long then the best thing to do is close out of Origin, clear its cache, then log back in. 

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin
Message 9 of 10 (4,213 Views)

Community Manager
Thanks for sharing those tips @NelaynaK.

We'll close this here. For future readers please try the advise in this thread if you're running into a similar issue.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 10 (4,199 Views)